• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stay Classy Minnesota

chknwing

Well having been raised to fear the wrath of my fathers belt myself I realize it was not that long ago pain for punishment was socially acceptable. Hell Im only 33 now and I remember even some teachers had paddles in classrooms.

Dyk Corporal punishmen still has yet to be made illegal in several states.

http://www.corpun.com/counuss.htm

I have children of my own now and I must admit I have to fight my first instinct which is to whip their asses when they do something totally agregiius. I have given in to this urge one time spanking my boy with my hand for totally disrespecting his mother. I realize this is largely a learned behavior from my own childhood. Imo It's not easy for individuals and society as a whole to learn new behaviors within a single generation. Dealing with this requires a whole new set of parenting skills that may not be inherent to everybody.

I do not know much about AP case so I will certainly reserve judgement but perhaps in APs case some (and many others) some good counseling and parenting classes can go a long way in reforming behaviors.

Wouldnt it be more productive for the media, nfl and society as a whole to focus on promoting proactive solutions instead of simply which hunting. The NFL being the multibillion dollar megacorp could throw a tiny bit of PR money into outreach programs and promote public services for getting ordinary people and their players connected to resources to help with their issues before they escalate. Not once all of last week has the media provided any tips/resourses on how to defuse an ordinary argument before it escalates into cops being called or resources for modern effective ways to discipline your children. We do not all live in glass houses. The nfl has attention of the nation atm and I feel it has a genuine opportunity to do something redeeming besides suspending a few players to save face.

Archived