• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

cam refuses pain killer

Jeremy Igo

Smart move by Cam. I wouldn't touch pain injections/pills either. Those pain injections are nasty stuff. They destroy your liver and can harm other organs, too. And pills are dangerously addictive.

toradol is not addictive, it also doesn't get you high, you're thinking of opiate pain killers...

i was given toradol for kidney stones, and the Dr told me, you can't take it more than 4 days in a row or it'll eat holes in your stomach, they were given to me so i wouldn't need to take the opiate based pills as often for pain, the toradol also worked better for pain...

but i can see why Cam wouldn't want to take it

Great game by Cam yesterday.  He started off pressing a little (he even said so and it was because of the lack of playing time).  But, he settled in during the second half and was throwing darts.

I hate injuries.  However, I am telling you guys, the cracked ribs and ankle surger that Cam suffered/had may be two of the best things to happen to him long term.  He is not 100% running the ball and is laser focused on making plays from the pocket more and more.  The running will be there again for him.  But, add an even more lethal pocket game from him and it is freaking lights out.

Great game by Cam yesterday.  He started off pressing a little (he even said so and it was because of the lack of playing time).  But, he settled in during the second half and was throwing darts.

I hate injuries.  However, I am telling you guys, the cracked ribs and ankle surger that Cam suffered/had may be two of the best things to happen to him long term.  He is not 100% running the ball and is laser focused on making plays from the pocket more and more.  The running will be there again for him.  But, add an even more lethal pocket game from him and it is freaking lights out.

I would actually prefer he sits in the pocket, unless he has clear open lanes.

That goal line knee injury yesterday, could have been worse if it was his ankle. Either way, you don't want to see Cam banged up any more as it is. He already has two lingering injuries he's carrying now. You don't want a sore knee to go along with it.

I hope this is stressed very strongly to Cam Newton by Rivera now (especially after injuring his ribs while running to begin with).

I would actually prefer he sits in the pocket, unless he has clear open lanes.

That goal line knee injury yesterday, could have been worse if it was his ankle. Either way, you don't want to see Cam banged up any more as it is. He already has two lingering injuries he's carrying now. You don't want a sore knee to go along with it.

I hope this is stressed very strongly to Cam Newton by Rivera now (especially after injuring his ribs while running to begin with).

That was my point.

The injuries are forcing him to focus on his pocket performance more because he can't quite do the things with his legs like he did before (yet).  Will actually help his overall development as a passer and a QB. He looked comfortable and sharp in the 2nd half yesterday.

Archived