• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Interest in Hardy just ended....

Jeremy Igo

Studies also show not spanking your child can cause them to become an insufferable twat. There's a difference between abuse and spanking, a good parent knows the difference. A bad parents goes to the extreme in either direction.

No they don't.

That's just you making a bunch of uninformed assumptions.

Are you the guy who sees a kid act up and automatically chalkas it up to lack of spanking? Cause those people are fools.

Edit: let me clarify my position. I don't think popping your kids tuche or hand a few times is terrible. Especially when they are young and you can't talk or reason with them and you're warning them of danger.

Really? That keeps you awake? Better not think about the thousands of children that die from disease and starvation every week. Or the children that are lit up by military MPGs and rifles because they're running around with bombs strapped to them.

I mean, yeah, those pictures are disturbing and horrible. But come on.

Yeah that bothers me to. Not too many pics of that floating around football message boards. Sorry if it seems strange that a child with cuts all over really disturbs me. And the thought that can be done to them by their own parent.

I'm having a hard time sleeping after seeing those pics. This is an area I hope people can become informed on. People tend to treat their kids the way they were by their parents without thought to rather its a good idea or not. Studies show spanking does physchological damage. People do not need to be hit as punishment that includes the most vulnerable people, kids.

I can agree with the psychological damage. I got some beatings growing up, my brother too. My sister was never disciplined. I'm doing head and shoulders better than my siblings in life. My sister is a spoiled brat who wants everything handed to her, and my brother might be a basket case, but I turned out fine. So there's a fine line there.

I can agree with the psychological damage. I got some beatings growing up, my brother too. My sister was never disciplined. I'm doing head and shoulders better than my siblings in life. My sister is a spoiled brat who wants everything handed to her, and my brother might be a basket case, but I turned out fine. So there's a fine line there.

She was never spanked or never disciplined at all? Are we assuming that spanking your kids is the only method of discipline?

Anecdotal evidence doesn't overrule scientific studies. Maybe your parents treated her differently in a variety of ways not just spankings.

My son is constantly praised for his manners and behavior. We don't spank, doesn't prove anything. It's just anecdotal evidence.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't overrule scientific studies. Maybe your parents treated her differently in a variety of ways not just spankings.

My son is constantly praised for his manners and behavior. We don't spank, doesn't prove anything. It's just anecdotal evidence.

I believe every child is different, I can't see myself every spanking my daughter but I think it can be affective if done the right way. So if your child doesn't something that requires discipline what do you do? Or do you just hope enough praise will deter him from doing anything wrong?

Naw she was just never disciplined, Daddy's princess type of thing. She was the youngest, so if she did wrong it was me and my brothers fault.

That's more of the problem than not spanking.

My parents spanked me with their hand and once with a belt. Usually my dad was out of control with anger when he did it. It just made me scared of him when I was younger. As I got older I came to resent him for the spankings. Well that and the alcoholism.

That's more of the problem than not spanking.

My parents spanked me with their hand and once with a belt. Usually my dad was out of control with anger when he did it. It just made me scared of him when I was younger. As I got older I came to resent him for the spankings. Well that and the alcoholism.

Yea I feared my father when I was younger, I'm an army brat so it was a very strict household, except for my sister. It's funny because now me and my Dad are like best friends, I joke with him about how soft he's gotten.

Archived