• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Interest in Hardy just ended....

Jeremy Igo

Since you know, youtube, is a legitimate

Source of study.

The video is basically a powerpoint with commentary.and links to sources. It's a social issue so it's impossible to get truly scientific studies on the matter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporal_punishment_in_the_home#Research_on_parental_corporal_punishment

Why risk it? I'll take my chances with reason instead of violence.

Showing no remorse could also show that he's a psychopath, which would in turn mean that he had no ill intent, he just lost control.

Or, his attorney is telling him what to say.

Either way, it doesn't dispute that fact that he was found, by multiple points of contact, to be overly abusive, whether he meant to or not. That thing is, sometimes guys go out and drink, then get in the car and drive, then wreck. The thing is, they didn't mean to have that many drinks, but it happens, and it's still really bad.

I agree its awful, i hate that the young kid has to feel scared of his own father. I never felt that way after i had been whipped. But then again, my testicles were never attacked, yikes. It sucks, that he took it to far, but giving your child a whipping

Is no reason to question character. Beating your child is a different story and that may be the case

In this situation.

The video is basically a powerpoint with commentary.and links to sources. It's a social issue so it's impossible to get truly scientific studies on the matter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporal_punishment_in_the_home#Research_on_parental_corporal_punishment

Why risk it? I'll take my chances with reason instead of violence.

Hmm my pysch professor would corporal punish you for using wikipedia as a source. But i do

Agree but if reasoning doesnt work which often times doesnt, a whipping would. Im not saying destroy the childs arse into hamburger meat but

Enough to persuade the child to think otherwise when considering misbehaving. And its all relevant to how the child has misbehaved.

I agree its awful, i hate that the young kid has to feel scared of his own father. I never felt that way after i had been whipped. But then again, my testicles were never attacked, yikes. It sucks, that he took it to far, but giving your child a whipping

Is no reason to question character. Beating your child is a different story and that may be the case

In this situation.

I agree, spanking isn't a reason to question his character, but that isn't what he did. He cut that kid up. As I said earlier, I'd bet anything that whatever the kid did he went after him while still pissed. I'm 42 & even in my day wounds like that would be called abuse.

Ill intent would seem to me that he hit a 4yo so hard he cut into his flesh. Since that's exactly what he did...

Well, yeah your right he did. His intentions doesnt seem to be to draw blood, but to teach a lesson. Im not saying he was right for abuse, he went over board. I jus think he meant to teach a

Lesson the way he learned for himself ,By whipping.

I'm having a hard time sleeping after seeing those pics. This is an area I hope people can become informed on. People tend to treat their kids the way they were by their parents without thought to rather its a good idea or not. Studies show spanking does physchological damage. People do not need to be hit as punishment that includes the most vulnerable people, kids.

I'm having a hard time sleeping after seeing those pics. This is an area I hope people can become informed on. People tend to treat their kids the way they were by their parents without thought to rather its a good idea or not. Studies show spanking does physchological damage. People do not need to be hit as punishment that includes the most vulnerable people, kids.

Really? That keeps you awake? Better not think about the thousands of children that die from disease and starvation every week. Or the children that are lit up by military MPGs and rifles because they're running around with bombs strapped to them.

I mean, yeah, those pictures are disturbing and horrible. But come on.

I think it can be avoided sure, but i think the pyschological damage could be associated to kids who were abused during whippings. When you beat a dog, it can cause it to turn aggressive. But if you pop a dog on the butt when it pees in the house and praise when it pees outside why does the dog eventually become Potty trained? Because it is learned behavior, it understands that the owner is not happy, and tho it seems wrong to identify the house training of a dog to the disciplinary actions of a child, if used correctly, and just, whippings can achieve the goal without damaging the childs spirit. Explain why they are being whipped, tell them their actions caused this consequence and when finished show them

Love and affection and praise them when they learn from their mistakes. Its seems whipping is

Misunderstood by many. It doesnt take a lashing just a lil pop on the arse never hurt nobody.

Studies also show not spanking your child can cause them to become an insufferable twat. There's a difference between abuse and spanking, a good parent knows the difference. A bad parents goes to the extreme in either direction.

Glad this gets hardy out of the spotlight. Peterson is an idiot who should have never procreated. Anyone who sees those pictures and fondly reminisces on their own corporal punishment is a psychopath who also should not procreate. Spanking is one thing, this is an adult not being able to control their rage and abusing a 4 year old.

Archived