• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Interest in Hardy just ended....

Jeremy Igo

I'm not turning this thread into a Tinderbox thread for someone who calls someone a "fool" (even though Matthew says but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.). This isn't the topic for religion, or what being Gentile or any member of a non-domination (guess what, those exist!) has to do with anything. The law has found Adrian Peterson's abuse to be too much toward his 4 year old son. I don't care what archaic message you believe, or what gospel you adhere to, we as a society should not allow this bullshit. We're better than this. This is why we have laws, not someone with a Bible saying, 'well Adrian, looks like the Bible agrees with you, peace out cub scout'. 

But, you know, however you... I want to say rednecks, but that word isn't the correct one. Uber-conservative right wingers? I dunno. Whatever it is, you're wrong. This has nothing to do with the 'liberal media' this has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with a 4 year old child being beaten to the point of a doctor AND examiner agreeing that an NFL All-Pro RB had taken the situation too far. 

Using religion or whatever other agenda you want to use is just building up another strawman for you to hide behind while you preach your 'I'M BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I BELIEVE' hypocrisy.

then pride is your issue. you have no reverence.

I have plenty of reverence. Just not for someone/thing that demands I fear it.

Also there's the pettiness. I could live my life closer to the Christian ways than anyone in history with the exception that I don't believe in god & I go to hell. A guy who rapes & murders hundreds of people says "I'm soory Jesus forgive me!" right before he dies & he gets into the cloudy, harp place...

Yeah, not worth it.

It's the ones who looked at the pictures and read the descriptions of the wounds on a four year old child, but fail to condemn the behavior that trouble me almost as much as the thought of a four year old getting annihilated over virtually his entire body with a switch used like a whip. Truly sad.

This has to be the dumbest idictment by a bunch of liberal soft a$$es i hate this is happening to ap. He used a switch to discipline his child? Unless he kunta ken te his poo, what right does the courts have in the way a parent disciplines his child. I was wooped by switch from my grandmother when i was young, sometimes drawing blood, i cried, i learned my lesson and did what grandma said. This is why we breed abunch of whiny arse bishes these days cuz you risk getting arrested for the most petty bs. This country has lost its mind, the toughness left a long time ago. Im glad i was raised tough, if not i wouldnt be the person i am.

man these days it's getting so you can't even beat your toddler bloody with a tree branch without some 9-11 liberal jumping down your throat

pussification of america i tell ya

I'm not turning this thread into a Tinderbox thread for someone who calls someone a "fool" (even though Matthew says but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.). This isn't the topic for religion, or what being Gentile or any member of a non-domination (guess what, those exist!) has to do with anything. The law has found Adrian Peterson's abuse to be too much toward his 4 year old son. I don't care what archaic message you believe, or what gospel you adhere to, we as a society should not allow this bullshit. We're better than this. This is why we have laws, not someone with a Bible saying, 'well Adrian, looks like the Bible agrees with you, peace out cub scout'.

But, you know, however you... I want to say rednecks, but that word isn't the correct one. Uber-conservative right wingers? I dunno. Whatever it is, you're wrong. This has nothing to do with the 'liberal media' this has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with a 4 year old child being beaten to the point of a doctor AND examiner agreeing that an NFL All-Pro RB had taken the situation too far.

Using religion or whatever other agenda you want to use is just building up another strawman for you to hide behind while you preach your 'I'M

BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I BELIEVE'

hypocrisy.

Ruff I'm a Christian, and I agree with you about AP, he abused his 4 y/o.

But even if you don't agree with it, there are parents that use biblical teachings to raise their children, which includes spanking within reaaon, that doesn't make them bad parents.

As for me as a Christian, I don't feel like I'm better than anyone, In fact its not pleasing to Christ himself for Christians to act pious or self rightious.

I'm not turning this thread into a Tinderbox thread for someone who calls someone a "fool" (even though Matthew says but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.). This isn't the topic for religion, or what being Gentile or any member of a non-domination (guess what, those exist!) has to do with anything. The law has found Adrian Peterson's abuse to be too much toward his 4 year old son. I don't care what archaic message you believe, or what gospel you adhere to, we as a society should not allow this bullshit. We're better than this. This is why we have laws, not someone with a Bible saying, 'well Adrian, looks like the Bible agrees with you, peace out cub scout'. 

Using religion or whatever other agenda you want to use is just building up another strawman for you to hide behind while you preach your 'I'M BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I BELIEVE' hypocrisy.

Why are you only attacking rednecks? Because you're too scared of being called racist for calling out blacks? I've had many black friends and classmates who have gotten the poo beat out of them. Yet they still believe in whipping the child if he gets out of hand. Black people on facebook are even agreeing with AP's actions. So it's not just a "redneck problem" or whatever you want to call it. Last time I checked AP is black too right?

Archived