• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Interest in Hardy just ended....

Jeremy Igo

No, but your mentality on child rearing is about fifty years out of style

Just like how David Duke's mentality on race is about 50 years out of style

And look at kids today maybe whipping should come back into style.  But you're  talking to the wrong person.  I think that whole society is screwed anyway and no I'm not a religious fanatic.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/328950.html

He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Lol what the hell does this mean?

BFT = <3

Rod = shebet

betimes = shachar

The definitions of those words don't make it much clearer. "Betimes" probably means "early," in this context, lol. However, I would venture to say that "chasteneth" is the operative word in that sentence. The "rod" has been taken literally to mean a "stick," but it also means a form of authority. Everyone knows that spankings aren't the only way to "discipline" a child. 

chasteneth = muwcar (discipline, chastening, correction)

Even son, or ben, can be interpreted to mean "your people...class...guild," not just youth, while shebet can also mean clan or tribe. 

In other words, people only assume they know what the real meaning of translated passages are, but in this case, they're probably right, lol. 

So people need to conform to your views, because you are of the opinion parents that discipline their children are 50 years behind the times? Gottcha.

People who understand that the realm of discipline has better options available than whipping with inanimate objects would get my point. You're of the mentality of people who molecularly break down physical punishment as some sort of tiered system, and will condemn AP in one breath, but then lament about America's failing society and harkening back to when kids got punished for every little mistake they made and use endearing terms to describe it like "teaching respect" and "being old school" that mean nothing but sound authoritative. I actually had to look up "switch" because I didn't know exactly what it was. TIL that parents clubbing their kids with sticks like a caveman is arguably an acceptable practice in certain contexts in the south as long as they do it lightly and don't pull their child's pants down beforehand. Otherwise they're just a monster.

Your breed will eventually die out and society will progress to a greater standard of living.

Archived