• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Interest in Hardy just ended....

Jeremy Igo

"A bitched shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:2)

"I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent." Timothy 2:11

"But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head..." 1 Corinthians 11:5

"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her." (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

So I'm super right side and an idiot for my dad spanking me? Darn, I guess I SHOULDN'T have received that 100,000 dollar scholarship from the most difficult school to get into in Kentucky.

Never said you were an idiot. But the people spouting off about the liberal agenda are obviously not educated enough to realize what they're even saying. Doesn't matter if you're in a school in Kentucky or Cambridge.

It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar o realize how stupid it is to blame this on "liberals".

And women use to be able to get hit without any punishment by the law too. And it use to be legal to enslave black people. Just because you can point to a time in history when something was legal doesn't make it right.

So now we're comparing slavery to spanking children: One where parents think they are helping their kids versus another where someone claims a right to own and kill another human being whenever. You tools trivialize slavery with these comparisons.

Most disagree with your view on what is "right" regarding disciplining kids physically.

As for men historically hitting women, that is true. And if those men went too far, they often got dealt with by other men, also legal then, but illegal now. The problem with your argument is the nature of the beatings differ. In general, parents feel they are helping their kids by spanking them versus some guy usually just trying to dominate and intimidate a (likely opinionated) woman by bludgeoning her just because he's stronger.

If a parent punishes a kid with the force they'd use on another adult, that isn't what reasonable people mean when they say, "spanking/beating;" and no jury would ever buy the "helping her out by beating her" argument if a woman-beater tried to make it.

I imagine half the people in this thread who are like, "well got damn brother, my daddy beat me silly, look a' how I turnt out" look like Joe Dirt and listen to Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh religiously.

I imagine the ones who have never been spanked are insufferable whiny ass pricks that everybody hates.  The kind of people who think the world revolves around their every need and that anybody who doesn't kiss their ass has a bad attitude.  The kind of people who will look down their noses at those of us raised better than them while simultaneously being blissfully unaware of the fact they are the most despised person in every group of people who are forced to interact with them.

So I'm super right side and an idiot for my dad spanking me? Darn, I guess I SHOULDN'T have received that 100,000 dollar scholarship from the most difficult school to get into in Kentucky.

Never said you were an idiot. But the people spouting off about the liberal agenda are obviously not educated enough to realize what they're even saying. Doesn't matter if you're in a school in Kentucky or Cambridge.

It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar o realize how stupid it is to blame this on "liberals".

Well let me put it to you this way. I was a hard headed kid when I was you and if the only thing you did to me was ground me I wouldnt care. The only way that my parents was to get any control over me and have me do what I was supposed to do is spank me. My mom wouldnt she would let my dad do it. Do I hate them for it no. Did I understand why I got it yes and no Im not brainwashed into thinking it is the only way to discipline your kid. Did I feel like I was being beaten not at all. After the whipping my dad would explain why and it was never rage in his eyes.

Actually had a principal paddle me in school one time. My dad went down there and told them they better never whip me again. If he felt like I needed a whipping he would do it not them.

Did the principal go to jail or get fired? My guess is no, he didn't.

Look I respect your right if you don't believe in Christianity or any religion. But when you belittle and marginalize people of faith because you don't have a coherent argument you're the one it looks small and intolerant.

Where in that post did I mention anything about religion?

Next.

Archived