• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Interest in Hardy just ended....

Jeremy Igo

surprised nobody brought this up yet...

Proverbs 13:24

Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who love their children care enough to discipline them.

Yes! Nothing like a millennia old text to determine how we should love our lives in the modern world!

Also, I hope you don't eat pork...

Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who love their children care enough to discipline them.

are you advocating bronze-age measures of justice and social formation? if so let's not stop at rods of discipline… hell, god justified bears eating kids for disrespecting their elders

Oh spare me, I can't go back in time and stop Ray from hitting her and have no idea the absolute facts of this story. I should stop caring about my FF team because thousands of others are hurt? get real.

We should definitely stop caring about poo because we have no direct control over it, right? Cancer? Who cares? I can't fix it, so I'm just going to worry about my fantasy football team! Genocide? Oh well! Peyton just put up 23 points this week.

Well let me put it to you this way. I was a hard headed kid when I was you and if the only thing you did to me was ground me I wouldnt care. The only way that my parents was to get any control over me and have me do what I was supposed to do is spank me. My mom wouldnt she would let my dad do it. Do I hate them for it no. Did I understand why I got it yes and no Im not brainwashed into thinking it is the only way to discipline your kid. Did I feel like I was being beaten not at all. After the whipping my dad would explain why and it was never rage in his eyes.

Most supporters of corporal punishment recommend it only in situations of direct defiance, those times when a child is challenging your authority.

I'm gonna need everyone to preface their reply with a disclaimer stating if they have kids or not.....

I'll start I don't have kids

I think hitting a kid is bad but I don't fault anyone who might as long as it's not to a extreme extent, which this case maybe

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I have two daughters 5yo & 5.5 months old... I don't like spanking but if it necessary to break her (5yo) it must be done. I can count on one hand how many times I have had to spank/pop my child and she is raise in a good household. My house is is faith based and certainly Christian however I do believe in discipline. funny thing is most issues my child has gotten in trouble over was picked up from outside influences via school, whom parents did not care enough to teach the right things. Public school is a no go! some won't like this comment but I'm certainly keepin' it real bro! I can't imagine raising boys in this day and age... girls are just mouthy! smh... I need a vacation! smh

absolute truth... and the finish product of those that don't exercise this is

2 Timothy 3:1-5New International Version (NIV)

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents,ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

sounds like now right? because it is! I have dropped a serious jewel here but most will not care. smh

absolute truth... and the finish product of those that don't exercise this is

2 Timothy 3:1-5New International Version (NIV)

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents,ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

sounds like now right? because it is! I have dropped a serious jewel here but most will not care. smh

Do you eat pork? Let Wiccans live?

If so, you're not living by your own rules.

Also, everyone that says thy were spanked.., your parents that spanked you were NFL level athletes, capable of running over 330lbs human beings?

But, you know, facts and stuff are the devil.

Interested in seeing exactly what the injuries where.  If the kid had any bruises or if AP broke the skin. 

Archived