• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Interest in Hardy just ended....

Jeremy Igo

nevermind hitting chicks, hitting children is a no go! Play 60 has been disrespected and this could be argued as a ban offense. I dare them to say it can't! btw Roger needs to fully put out the fire under his seat! perfect timing and dumb move by AP! 

anyway can we quit pretending that punitive measures are some sort of concrete-encased binary where beating your kids' ass means they have no chance of living a normal childhood, or that being a LIEberal and using positive and negative reinforcements to shape behavior means they'll all grow up to be philanthropists, passivists, and peace corps operatives?

we're not talking about inflexible outcomes, we're talking about, based on the available data, which method generally works better and produces more socially effective human beings. and all the relevant data clearly shows that corporal punishment is the less effective, and potentially most harmful, of the array of methods available.

it's no harder than that.

I'm not saying this is fact or w/e, but hearing the kid was whipped with a switch. If that is all, good grief.

Also, I had Ray Rice and AD as my FF backs..... gonna be hard to repeat... luckily I got peyton, Calvin, AJ Green, Julius thomas.

A kid got beat with a stick and a woman was abused in an elevator with a knock-out punch.

Damn, my fantasy team tho!

Jesus Hernando Christo he's getting charged for spanking his child with a switch?!  The charge includes the word "injury", so one would have to assume the switch was so big or he hit him so hard he actually caused, you know, an injury.  If it's just a normal switching on the butt or something, then this is absolutely ridiculous.  If he actually broke a bone or caused significant lacerations, then throw the book at him.  This is certainly a case of need more info to formulate an opinion.

I'll support this post!

anyway can we quit pretending that punitive measures are some sort of concrete-encased binary where beating your kids' ass means they have no chance of living a normal childhood, or that being a LIEberal and using positive and negative reinforcements to shape behavior means they'll all grow up to be philanthropists, passivists, and peace corps operatives?

we're not talking about inflexible outcomes, we're talking about, based on the available data, which method generally works better and produces more socially effective human beings. and all the relevant data clearly shows that corporal punishment is the less effective, and potentially most harmful, of the array of methods available.

it's no harder than that.

But they grounded me once and that didn't work what else was they s'posed to do?

I know several children that acted up and all their parents wanted to do was tell them no, stick them in timeout, or verbally scold them. A lot grew up to be bad on drugs or just terrible people. Same with whipping. I believe each child deserves a different kind of punishment dependant on their personalities. I know my brother would bawl if my mother looked at him wrong. My sister needed those spankings into her early twenties to change her attitude. Each child is different and that should be considered when disciplining a child.

I'm gonna need everyone to preface their reply with a disclaimer stating if they have kids or not.....

I'll start I don't have kids

I think hitting a kid is bad but I don't fault anyone who might as long as it's not to a extreme extent, which this case maybe

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

So, at what age do you begin to place fault on hitting other people?

Is 18 the cut off? Okay to smack a 13 year old, but illegal to smack your wife? I am not quite sure this logic holds up very well. Sounds like rationalizing to settle ones own conscience.

I wonder what kids who get smacked around do when they become adults. Time to go check out those studies.

A kid got beat with a stick and a woman was abused in an elevator with a knock-out punch.

Damn, my fantasy team tho!

Oh spare me, I can't go back in time and stop Ray from hitting her and have no idea the absolute facts of this story. I should stop caring about my FF team because thousands of others are hurt? get real.

Archived