• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington Post ranks Panthers #3 in NFL after Seahawks, Broncos

gettlemanjack

I don't get how you guys get so wash away by hype and rankings. Football is about winning, play in and play out. It's about live-action execution(make a play as often as possible), and the will to perform better than your opponent. A team has to keep that focus even when met by a team with that same focus, at that point you have overcome their level. Thats it. I harp on this because i don't trust the analysts, and journalists judgement. They too are swept up in the hype.

I think when we talk about how unreliable these rankings are when were low should still be applied when were ranked highly. There's only one ranking that matters and it's the W/L column.

I agree with ya. But power rankings accomplish their intended purpose, site traffic, and fan banter. It's all fun

New York Post has us Top 4 in NFL and Top 3 in NFC.

It is the 13th-oldest and seventh-most-widely circulated newspaper in the United States .

http://nypost.com/2014/09/09/nfl-power-rankings-49ers-immune-to-distractions/

I know you're just posting rankings.

FWIW: NY Post is an absolute rag, embarrassment (though their sports section has been periodically decent over the  years).

They are not a paper you would like to quote for validation in any arena. Lol

Eh? I meant it's nothing friendly in the way you're right or wrong. I love math if I could retire and screw around with equations all day it would be amazing. I think I'm the only person to ever look back on DiffEQ with fond memories

Lol forget all the other crazy posts... this one proves you are nuts. DiffEq, linear algebra, and calc 2/3 can all suck my nuts (as can idiot analysts and their "rankings").

Archived