• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Catching up with KB

Jeremy Igo

I caught up with Kelvin Benjamin after the game to get a sense of his excitement level after just finishing his first real game as a pro and also catching his first touchdown.

His excitement level was, well, low.

Panthers-Bucs-49.jpg

Kelvin is not a player that is surprised by his own success. He isn't cocky at all. He has a nonchalant confidence to him that is very charming and instantly likeable. He has more of a presence than most 3rd year players, and then some.

Even though he had the best opening day rookie wide receiver performance in Panthers history, he still wasn't excited. When asked what grade he would give himself on the game, "About a C" was his reply.

I thought maybe I would get some excitement out of him by asking him if he is keeping tabs on the other receivers taken before him in the draft. Possibly using that as a chip on his shoulder.  "That is not even on my list. I mean, I don't care what they do. Right now my performance is about my team and winning games" Kelvin answered.

Still, I pressed. Kelvin, are you sure you had no butterflies in your stomach before the game?

"None at all man, its football."

Well then, what is your ceiling? Are you aiming for rookie of the year?

"Man, I'm aiming for a Superbowl. That's what we want as a team. That's all on my mind right now."

Archived