• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time of Possession

Jeremy Igo

I couldn't care all that much for time of possession, as long as we are scoring touchdowns.  Our defense will handle the rest.  I feel like if we had scored on that one pass DA delivered Olsen to go up 24-0, we would have iced the game right there.  Once Cam comes back, we should be able to put up an average of 28 points or more.

Always remember - that was Derek Anderson not Cam newton in there : Jesus it must be embarrassing for Tampa knowing that lol

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Always remember, Derek Anderson is a good qb. Smart, accurate and progresses through reads very well. We already knew that. Lets hope everyone else does now.

Last year I thought shula would struggle, he didn't. Yep I still have questions, but shula keeps answering them.

He's my bell/dlo/stew, where I biatch about without knowing what I'm talking about. But I learn last year, so far shula is doing a great job of controlling the game and scoring. What else can you ask?

I am not anti fast pace offenses, I am just pro efficiency. You can have that with either fast pace or slow pace. (Examples: Stanford and Oregon)

If we have a high points per possession and TDs per possession, coupled with low TO's per possession, we are running successfully offense and will be tough to beat. Especially with a defense playing at a high level.

Because it is also hard for the other team to accumulate yards or points if they aren't on the field.

People who get caught up in total yards and total points are missing the forest for the trees

The one thing that DA did yesterday much better than Cam was the play action fake.  Man, he pulled the LB's in every time, giving him the middle for the 15 yd toss to Olsen and KB.  He had em biting all day.  Course he has been in the league a lot longer and had time to perfect it.

The one thing that DA did yesterday much better than Cam was the play action fake.  Man, he pulled the LB's in every time, giving him the middle for the 15 yd toss to Olsen and KB.  He had em biting all day.  Course he has been in the league a lot longer and had time to perfect it.

One thing to consider is that TB doesn't have a very good LB group. (Outside of David that is) So fooling them was pretty easy. The Lions this week have a more experienced LB group. So fooling them may not be as easy.

That said. If you can run the ball somewhat effectively. Play action works pretty well on almost any LB.

Archived