• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Johnson restructures?

blackcat

During the game, when TB cut it to 3, Gantt tweeted "I guess this is a bad time to mention Ron Rivera is 7-14 in games decided by one score?" Voth tweeted back at him "You forgot to mention he's won the last 5, though."

Anybody that can quote negative stats about Rivera/Panthers off the top of his head is obviously hoping we lose.

And 25 mil in dead money coming off...for those concerned..the adults are negotiating..DG has this.

Worry about your own $.

Good post.  Its amazing how many fans agonize over this type of stuff.  We have a competent GM now and we will do fine.  Imagine what kind of product he is going to put on the field when he is completely clear of past contracts and cap restrictions.

The case isn't alleged.....it's a real case.  That has a lot to do with it.   Depth is another reason why.  The amount of money he'll want vs his neg rep and our depth just doesn't warrant a big money resigning.

I really wish Greg could have kept his fugging cool.

What happens if the case dissolves? He said/she said and little, if any, forensic evidence. The first court cartoon was just that.

Hardy has the kind of attitude that I'd love to see on this football team. 20 years of Jerry Richardson trying to field a team of choirboys is enough. Choirboys go up 17-0 and let teams right back into the game. I'd like to see a team that will not let the other guy up when they have a foot on his throat.

Didn't we just make CJ a captain for the first time this year? I think that shows how much we value him and that he's probably gonna be here long-term. I don't know about us trading for an OT immediately after our o-line had such a strong debut. I think the FO has faith in our line and will stick with it unless they have a couple disastrous performances. If we're making a trade or signing someone so soon after game 1, it's probably at a position like safety that looked a little weak yesterday. Clemons would be my guess..

I think this just tells me Johnson wants to finish his career as a Panther.  As for making a big move before the trade deadline or something like that, I don't see any significant moves out there to make.  

Why does the restructure tell you that?  In a restructure like this the player isn't giving up anything.  The team is doing the player a favor.

It would be like your boss offering you your entire yearly salary in January.

With that being said I could see CJ wanting to finish his career in Carolina but there is a myth among some that players are doing the team some kind of favor in these types of restructures.

If anything, this shows that we might be more inclined to keep CJ for the duration of his contract.

We should have enough room for LarryFitz now. ;)

Ok why is Fitz coming up in all this? Has he demanded a trade this past week or something? I just don't see it. It's nice to dream and all. But the guy is getting old and he has big contract numbers. Just don't see it happening. Either this is roll over money for next offseason or contract extension for Cam or somebody.

Archived