• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Johnson restructures?

blackcat

I'm trying to figure out if this is a good or bad contract. How soon can we cut him, what is dead money like, etc

CJ's contract is not a terrible contract, but not a great one either.

Pretty expensive, but warranted as he's been healthy, and our all around best DE.

We could cut him this offseason for some relief, but I doubt that will happen unless we sign Hardy to a very team friendly deal.

Not sure how this changes his hit next season if cut though.

Hardys value has dropped with the lawsuit hanging over him.

One one hand, we can't get much for him in a trade, on the other, he might come a heck of a lot cheaper than what he turned down this past season.

Just sayin....

Most likely for Cam extension or a trade to someone like St Louis for Jake Long who has some pretty big cap numbers

CJ's contract is not a terrible contract, but not a great one either.

Pretty expensive, but warranted as he's been healthy, and our all around best DE.

We could cut him this offseason for some relief, but I doubt that will happen unless we sign Hardy to a very team friendly deal.

Not sure how this changes his hit next season if cut though.

20m cap hit in 2015, 15m in 2016

I would be shocked if he plays under those numbers.  Maybe we are going to extend him at some point also.

If he is cut next year his dead money would now be higher.

http://overthecap.com/player/charles-johnson/1150

Why do people on here keep saying Hardy is gone next year?

Is it solely for the alleged case? Or what is it

The case isn't alleged.....it's a real case.  That has a lot to do with it.   Depth is another reason why.  The amount of money he'll want vs his neg rep and our depth just doesn't warrant a big money resigning.

I really wish Greg could have kept his fugging cool.

Honestly, if we're smart we'll use Hardy's legal woes (and 6 game suspension) to our advantage and sign him to a much more team-friendly deal than he was going to get before all this. I mean, I'm not saying he's innocent 100% but clearly his situation is a lot different from Ray Rice. Plus, with the 6 game suspension and the threat of a lifetime ban I think Hardy will have more than enough incentive to keep out of trouble.

Reason I'm thinking it a extension for Keek.  $3.5 million this year with signing bonus.  Next year is $4 mill.  As team leader you want them making what they deserve.  Keek is grossly under paid. 

You are getting so much better.

Wonderful troll with a light touch.  Almost undetectable.

Archived