• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Johnson restructures?

blackcat

Don't see how making room in the interim (pushing the hit into the future) makes room for a Cam extension. He's in the last year of his rookie deal regardless, any new deal would take effect next season.

Smells like a trade, as I doubt anyone on the wire will cost $5.2m.

Actually Cam's contract is through the 2015 season.  He will be making around 14 million next season.

yea I'm betting it's Cam- Panthers want to jump on it before some team hands out an idiotic contract that moves Cam's number up. Cam and Keek are the only priorities 

Reason I'm thinking it a extension for Keek.  $3.5 million this year with signing bonus.  Next year is $4 mill.  As team leader you want them making what they deserve.  Keek is grossly under paid. 

It's Cam money. Probably have been/are in talks with Cam about his contract, and getting CJ's contract right for the next couple of years helps give a clearer picture of our future cap to help map out Cam's deal.

Hardy is gone, it's not for him. Can't see it being a trade after Week 1, either. Unless it would be for a guy expiring soon. 

Don't see how making room in the interim (pushing the hit into the future) makes room for a Cam extension. He's in the last year of his rookie deal regardless, any new deal would take effect next season.

Smells like a trade, as I doubt anyone on the wire will cost $5.2m.

For who?

My guess a O lineman, we are pretty much set at every other position.

Archived