• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want to see how the game should be played (Broncos vs. Colts)

MedellinHeel

Dont know about you but I aspire for super bowl victories. Anything less is a disappointment. I am sure if you asked Cam he would tell you the same thing.

17-4 is a good way to get there. We scored a bunch of points Cam's rookie year. How close were we to the Super Bowl that year?

What does that have to with anything?  You want stats and high scoring offense.  If all you cared about was Superbowl then you would just be happy for the wins.  Everyone wants to win going away, but if we win the rest of the games scoring 3-0, I am happy for the W.  So why do you have disappointment when we won?

Has everything to do with it. 

We beat SF and SEA last year if we have a better OC to scheme against those defenses. 

Why do I have disappointment after the win? Because I still see an offense that is not where it needs to be. 

I am sure the coaches and players will tell you that. 

Has everything to do with it. 

We beat SF and SEA last year if we have a better OC to scheme against those defenses. 

Why do I have disappointment after the win? Because I still see an offense that is not where it needs to be. 

I am sure the coaches and players will tell you that. 

It could be argued we would have won both games if Riverboat Ron was coaching both of those games.  In each of them there were 4th and 1 situations that could have changed the outcome of the game.  If the defense would have not let the O score we could have won both of those games. 

I'm not saying the offense is perfect.  I am saying who knows what the offense is with Cam?  How much was changed dropped from the game plan because it was DA and not Cam?

I just care if we win/lose.  Maybe Shula was told to play TOP low turnover football.   Who knows, but it seems to be working. 

Stupid thread. Last year we were 3rd yes 3rd in the league behind only denver and seattle in points per drive. Id say thats a much more telling stat when evaluating an offense. Scoring 6 times in 12 drives is not better than 3 times in 5 drives for example. Hate on Shula all you want, but the bottom line is that when we had the ball we typically ended the drive with points. All you can ask for

It could be argued we would have won both games if Riverboat Ron was coaching both of those games.  In each of them there were 4th and 1 situations that could have changed the outcome of the game.  If the defense would have not let the O score we could have won both of those games. 

I'm not saying the offense is perfect.  I am saying who knows what the offense is with Cam?  How much was changed dropped from the game plan because it was DA and not Cam?

I just care if we win/lose.  Maybe Shula was told to play TOP low turnover football.   Who knows, but it seems to be working. 

You can not expect a D to completely shutout teams. At best you have to assume you will give up 14-17 points. In which you will need to score atleast 21 points.

In 5 or our 6 loses we failed to scored 14 points. 

The O needs to be improved plain and simple. 

Stupid thread. Last year we were 3rd yes 3rd in the league behind only denver and seattle in points per drive. Id say thats a much more telling stat when evaluating an offense. Scoring 6 times in 12 drives is not better than 3 times in 5 drives for example. Hate on Shula all you want, but the bottom line is that when we had the ball we typically ended the drive with points. All you can ask for

FG's aint gonna cut it. 

5 of our 6 losses last yr we failed to score 14 points. Yes, not even 2 bloody TD's all game long FIVE times.

Archived