• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want to see how the game should be played (Broncos vs. Colts)

MedellinHeel

I agree. The best defenses are the ones that allow opponents to score very quickly so that the offense can get on the field more often to score points. I think a low scoring offense and an an inept defense are the absolute keys to success. (Unless you consider "winning" " success) I don't see why it's so hard for these fools to understand this.

Sent from the NSA's data farm

I am not talking about one / this game. Bright one huh?

"high powered offense" is far more about the personnel you have to run one (like peyton manning and tom brady lol) than it is about schemes. you don't just scheme your way to 40 points a game.

when you don't have elite offensive personnel, guess what happens when you try to run two-minute drills up and down the field all day like the "high powered" ones? you don't convert because your personnel isn't that good, and then your defense gets tired and hates your ass. or you just go for yards in "chunks and bunches" ala rob chudzinski and even that breaks down if the personnel groupings aren't right.

They were in the SB right? Where was the Panthers? 

Obviously you will not win every game, but you will win more times than not. 

right, and guess what teams the Panthers would have to face on the way to a super bowl from the NFC, compared to the teams the Broncos or Pats would?  NFC has elite defenses and the AFC have elite Offenses.  In the long run you need to have a mix of both to be great and honestly that shows with Seattle.  Not a massive powerhouse for offense but enough to get it done and they have a ring, Bronco's dont.

Id much rather this team Mimic Seattle's path then others as its how our team is structured to be.  Newton has the ability to be ELITE and once he gets that down, we will be the ones on top.

The Colts DL really makes you appreciate ours. I was against tagging Hardy, but after watching him today I really don't want to get rid of him. Elite DE's aren't easy to come by. Voth basically just confirmed on twitter what we all assume and that's Hardy walking at years end.

@BlackBlueReview: that ship sailed before the arrest. just enjoy the present.

RT @kingtonio24: @BlackBlueReview you think carolina keeps Greg hardy.

"high powered offense" is far more about the personnel you have to run one (like peyton manning and tom brady lol) than it is about schemes. you don't just scheme your way to 40 points a game.

when you don't have elite offensive personnel, guess what happens when you try to run two-minute drills up and down the field all day like the "high powered" ones? you don't convert because your personnel isn't that good, and then your defense gets tired and hates your ass. or you just go for yards in "chunks and bunches" ala rob chudzinski and even that breaks down if the personnel groupings aren't right.

You really undersell the importance of play calling. 

right, and guess what teams the Panthers would have to face on the way to a super bowl from the NFC, compared to the teams the Broncos or Pats would?  NFC has elite defenses and the AFC have elite Offenses.  In the long run you need to have a mix of both to be great and honestly that shows with Seattle.  Not a massive powerhouse for offense but enough to get it done and they have a ring, Bronco's dont.

Id much rather this team Mimic Seattle's path then others as its how our team is structured to be.  Newton has the ability to be ELITE and once he gets that down, we will be the ones on top.

I do not care who they mimic. I just want a top 10 offense. I do not care how they do it. 

Shula has always had an offense ranked in the bottom half of the league. 

I remember one of the announcers saying that RR wanted the offense to have a better tempo in the second half.  It is something the team is aware of I think.  Also I've criticized Shula as much as anyone but 1) we won and 2) its unfair to judge the offense without Cam.  Most teams would be screwed without their starting QB and an only average run game.

Archived