• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want to see how the game should be played (Broncos vs. Colts)

MedellinHeel

I see what you are saying.  However I don't think SF can shut us down.  Especially the team that took the field today.  Seattle is a different beast.  They made Aaron Rodgers look like .... not Aaron Rodgers.   Seattle shut the team you are using as an example of "how the game should be played" and destroyed them.  Other than the Saint game in the dome and the Arizona game we have been in every game.  

The key to our team is running.  Once we can run effectively it's pretty much all over for whoever we are playing.

SF shut us down in the playoffs and shut us down in the regular season (10-9 game, both teams shut the other down, we were just slightly better at shutting them down)

We were saying the same thing all last year. The O gets too conservative. 

I am losing faith in that changing. 

To RR's credit he change on the 4th and shorts (he had too), but he must do the same thing with the offensive playcalling throughout a game. 

If we do not improve offensively this year we need to make a change at OC. 

Well....we should have beaten Seattle if not for that fumble, we split with the 49ers.  When they did beat us they only put up 23.  We beat the Saints with the division on the line.  We can beat these teams.  We're better then last year.  We just need to continue to improve.  I see improvement out of our receivers.  We didn't have many drops today.  We didn't turn the ball over (we almost did, but we didn't).  Come to think of it I can only think of the Tolbert drop which wouldn't have amounted to much any way.  We got a victory with our backup.  We can't judge our offense just yet.

Well....we should have beaten Seattle if not for that fumble, we split with the 49ers.  When they did beat us they only put up 24.  We beat the Saints with the division on the line.  We can beat these teams.  We're better then last year.  We just need to continue to improve.  I see improvement out of our receivers.  We didn't have many drops today.  We didn't turn the ball over (we almost did, but we didn't).  Come to think of it I can only think of the Tolbert drop which wouldn't have amounted to much any way.  We got a victory with our backup.  We can't judge our offense just yet.

I am judging our O on last year. It was not where it needed to be. 

I am not sure Shula has an elite offensive mind. We need an elite ingenious innovative play caller. 

I am judging our O on last year. It was not where it needed to be. 

I am not sure Shula has an elite offensive mind. We need an elite ingenious innovative play caller. 

That's fine....but our WR core is completely different.  Did you see what KB did to those guys today?  Our passing game was efficient.  We did get conservative towards the end.  They'll learn from it.

That's fine....but our WR core is completely different.  Did you see what KB did to those guys today?  Our passing game was efficient.  We did get conservative towards the end.  They'll learn from it.

Instead of saying "they will learn from it" (we said that last year). 

Realistic thing to say is "I hope they learn from it". 

Shula is gonna have to show me consistency. Way too many times he goes into conservative mode.

SF shut us down in the playoffs and shut us down in the regular season (10-9 game, both teams shut the other down, we were just slightly better at shutting them down)

People fail to realize that both SF and Carolina both played small ball both times last year. Small ball as in running the football and short passes to keep the opposing D honest.

The difference in the 1st and 2nd meeting was that we played far too emotional in the Playoff game and that costed us big time. I'm convinced that SF isn't as good as that score against Dallas today. Dallas sucks big time, and SF capitalized. Then again, that's what good teams do. Time will tell.

I'm excited about getting that W today, although could have done without the theatrics and excitement there at the end. Getting Cam back will be even better next week. Looking forward to scouting the Lions and seeing them off of a short week.

Instead of saying "they will learn from it" (we said that last year). 

Realistic thing to say is "I hope they learn from it". 

Shula is gonna have to show me consistency. Way too many times he goes into conservative mode.

I prefer to go with the assumptive close. 

Shula has consistently won.  If DA hits that kill shot to Olsen we're not even having this conversation.

I prefer to go with the assumptive close. 

Shula has consistently won.  If DA hits that kill shot to Olsen we're not even having this conversation.

If if if. 

Could play that all day. 

Shula has won due to the D. In particular RR and McD great D minds.

Any half decent OC would do when you have a top 3 D. 

Just be average and not wet the bed. 

As I said, our O has got to improve if we wanna take that next step. 

If if if. 

Could play that all day. 

Shula has won due to the D. In particular RR and McD great D minds.

Any half decent OC would do when you have a top 3 D. 

Just be average and not wet the bed. 

As I said, our O has got to improve if we wanna take that next step. 

C'mon Med....lol.  

It's not a question of if he called that play to Olsen.  He did call that play. 

Do you want him to throw that pass and catch it too?

C'mon Med....lol.  

It's not a question of if he called that play to Olsen.  He did call that play. 

Do you want him to throw that pass and catch it too?

I am not here to discuss any one play or any one game. 

I am looking at the big picture. 

The O is not where it needs to be. Been this way since last year. 

We gotta step things up or I can guarantee you we will not make it to the SB. 

I am not here to discuss any one play or any one game. 

I am looking at the big picture. 

The O is not where it needs to be. Been this way since last year. 

We gotta step things up or I can guarantee you we will not make it to the SB. 

Med....I know your a longtime Huddler, a hardcore Panther fan, and provide a lot of valuable insight and perspective. 

I'm not looking back at last year though.  I'm looking at this year.  I'm looking next week at Detroit.  One game at a time. 

Med....I know your a longtime Huddler, a hardcore Panther fan, and provide a lot of valuable insight and perspective. 

I'm not looking back at last year though.  I'm looking at this year.  I'm looking next week at Detroit.  One game at a time. 

I wish I could just look ahead. 

Die hard Tar Heels and Panthers fan. 

UNC's defense has me stressed to no end. 

Panther's O has me stressed. 

The good thing is with the Panther's D we will be in a lot of games and win a good number. Regardless of the offense. 

But damn I want complete dominance. 

Archived