• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want to see how the game should be played (Broncos vs. Colts)

MedellinHeel

How about we keep making the playoffs for a couple years in a row and see if a pattern develops and then come back to this discussion if need be

Oh yea, I am sure the players and coaches have that mindset. 

lol

With our D its win now mode. 

The fug with waiting a few years. Gotta strike while the iron is hot. 

No telling what our team will look like in a few years. 

Thats all fine and dandy. 

I tend to look at our losses and what were the issues. 

So.. I guess your point is every time we score a lot of points it's all well and good. 

However when we don't it's Shula's fault and thus we need a new OC?

Guess how many games we scored 30 points in a game during our "Top 10" ranked offense in 2011? 

3 times.  And 2 of them were against Tampa Bay.

If Cam throws for more than 270 yards in 11 games.  We won 3 of them.

lol

Who said anything about waiting a few years. I said let's make the playoffs a few years in a row first instead of you trying to pretend that one playoff game defines this team in perpetuity.

You keep acting like we have to change this or that based off one playoff game.

lol

Luke Kuechly has another 6 or 7 years left of his prime, all of which will come in a Panther uniform.

Star and KK were drafted last season.

Bene Benwikere was drafted this season.

Gettleman has had no cap room to speak of to build this defense. He gets more as the seasons pass and the overpaid contracts come off the books.

But by all means, take the glass half-empty look just to be contrary when people are enjoying a win...

So.. I guess your point is every time we score a lot of points it's all well and good.

However when we don't it's Shula's fault and thus we need a new OC?

Guess how many games we scored 30 points in a game during our "Top 10" ranked offense in 2011?

3 times. And 2 of them were against Tampa Bay.

If Cam throws for more than 270 yards in 11 games. We won 3 of them.

But we had lots of yards!!! ;)

If you have a great defense you play ball control to dominate the tempo of the game. You don't throw is 40 times a game if you want to hold your opponent to seven points. I thought this was kind of common knowledge.

Dominant O and D's are not mutually exclusive. 

You CAN have both, albeit that is tough. You need great players and great minds calling plays. 

The bottom line is simple. 

We must improve the offense if we want to make it to the superbowl and win it. 

Our O as is will get shutdown by the likes of SEA and SF. 

Shula as well as the players have got to elevate their game to a higher gear.

I agree with that....but just remember our star QB was out.  Whenever your backup is starting....just be happy for the W.  We cannot judge the offense just yet.  Do we need to improve....fug yea.  Was our best player on the field....no.

I agree with that....but just remember our star QB was out.  Whenever your backup is starting....just be happy for the W.  We cannot judge the offense just yet.  Do we need to improve....fug yea.  Was our best player on the field....no.

I am happy for the win. I am not happy with the play calling in the 2nd half. Got way too conservative and went with to many run plays. Needs to be balanced and attacking like it was in the 1st half. 

Shula can call a series perfectly, then follow it up with a WTF series. 

I am happy for the win. I am not happy with the play calling in the 2nd half. Got way too conservative and went with to many run plays. Needs to be balanced and attacking like it was in the 1st half. 

It's true.  They did get conservative.  I believe the coaches will learn from it.   One thing I do know, is that the offense is talented enough to impose their will, and that's a good sign.

The bottom line is simple. 

We must improve the offense if we want to make it to the superbowl and win it. 

Our O as is will get shutdown by the likes of SEA and SF. 

Shula as well as the players have got to elevate their game to a higher gear.

I see what you are saying.  However I don't think SF can shut us down.  Especially the team that took the field today.  Seattle is a different beast.  They made Aaron Rodgers look like .... not Aaron Rodgers.   Seattle shut the team you are using as an example of "how the game should be played" and destroyed them.  Other than the Saint game in the dome and the Arizona game we have been in every game.  

The key to our team is running.  Once we can run effectively it's pretty much all over for whoever we are playing.

It's true.  They did get conservative.  I believe the coaches will learn from it.   One thing I do know, is that the offense is talented enough to impose their will, and that's a good sign.

We were saying the same thing all last year. The O gets too conservative. 

I am losing faith in that changing. 

To RR's credit he change on the 4th and shorts (he had too), but he must do the same thing with the offensive playcalling throughout a game. 

If we do not improve offensively this year we need to make a change at OC. 

Archived