• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

drafting

atj00

So, I made my own mock draft

1-Rod Wright DT Texas- I like him over Harris and Watson

2-Charles Spencer G Pittsburgh- What I've seen, agile big man

3-Manny Lawson DE NC St.- It be nice to have 4 good DE's

4-Maurice Drew RB/KR UCLA- Maybe the poor man's Reggie Bush, but he impresses me

5-Garett Mills H-B Tulsa- We need an H-Back IMO

7-Joe Klopfenstein TE Colorado- Cool name...a good showing in the Big XII Championship Game

I'm bored and hate the offseason

I want responses :039:

1. IMO gone by the 27th, he'll be the second tackle gone in the draft after Hgata.

2. Spencer isn't what I'd call 2nd round talent.

3. Manny Lawson is a bit small and we don't really need another DE

4.Gone by the third.

6. we don't have a 6th

7. Klopfenstein will be gone by the end of the third.

So, I made my own mock draft

1-Rod Wright DT Texas- I like him over Harris and Watson

2-Charles Spencer G Pittsburgh- What I've seen, agile big man

3-Manny Lawson DE NC St.- It be nice to have 4 good DE's

4-Maurice Drew RB/KR UCLA- Maybe the poor man's Reggie Bush, but he impresses me

5-Garett Mills H-B Tulsa- We need an H-Back IMO

7-Joe Klopfenstein TE Colorado- Cool name...a good showing in the Big XII Championship Game

I'm bored and hate the offseason

I want responses :039:

Rod Wright hasn't shown it. He's got the physical tools, but I don't know if he's there mentally.

Spencer...why do we need a guard? There's a lot of talk about taking a Tackle in R1 or 2 and moving Wharton back to guard...There are much better players sitting around at that point.

Lawson will be gone in the top 50 picks.

Drew will be snapped up by the 3rd latest.

Mills is interesting, though there will be others on the board.

And Klopfenstein will be gone by the end of day 1.

bunkley = physical stud. 4.99 40 and 44 reps on the press (only Mike Kudla, a de, did better with 45 reps and he ran a 4.76 40). i think bunkley should be a guy to trade up for if we are thinking that we need a stud dt. he should be avalible around when we pick, but i have a feeling he will be picked around 18-24. i think kc will take a look at him, as well as the bengals and maybe even tampa depending on what hte do with mcfarland this off season.

kulda is a guy that i hadnt heard of before this, anyone got any info on what round he projects to be taken in?

bunkley = physical stud. 4.99 40 and 44 reps on the press (only Mike Kudla, a de, did better with 45 reps and he ran a 4.76 40). i think bunkley should be a guy to trade up for if we are thinking that we need a stud dt. he should be avalible around when we pick, but i have a feeling he will be picked around 18-24. i think kc will take a look at him, as well as the bengals and maybe even tampa depending on what hte do with mcfarland this off season.

kulda is a guy that i hadnt heard of before this, anyone got any info on what round he projects to be taken in?

After seeing his work out at the combine. I'm really debating weather we should take him or Watson.

Bunkley is one of the hottest players in the draft right now. I have seen him middle to late in the most recent mocks. I have also heard speculation of him just being a workout warrior, but his game film was pretty impressive as well from what I've seen. I would love to have him in Carolina.

• 3 years later...

I was reading the thread who wants a first rounder? (good write up btw) and it got me to thinking that A LOT of our starters have been drafted by us instead of brought in as free agents. As I looked around the league the most successful teams such as Pittsburgh pats iggles are the ones that draft well (ground breaking i know) and teams that bring in high profile free agents cowbitches and redskins might get a lot of hype but there never really contenders.

So since we have drafted so well I believe that the panthers will win the super bowl soon hopefully this year and the next and the next and the next......

(knock on wood)

Archived