• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On Cam Newton's Playing Status...

Jeremy Igo

Just to add to the discussion....

If DA starts and wins... does that help or hurt Cam's bargaining position on his new contract?

It's irrelevant. DA winning a game doesn't change that Cam is our franchise QB. It just means DA has done the job he's supposed to. This isn't Tampa or KC and we're not going to go nuts over a backup QB winning a game or two.

Sent from my iPhone

If we really need to spell it out for you then you obviously just don't get it. The sarcasm just makes you look even more silly. Just go read what Ron is saying - he's telling the truth.

Sent from my iPhone

Unbelievable - the panthers are paying millions for training and medical staff and are going to waste time potentially gameplanning two different offences for the first half of the game, on a decision made by asking Cam how he's feeling on Sunday morning? And you've gathered this information how? From 30 minutes of closed media coverage in the last week? 

I think they will start him and see if the oline can keep the rush off him.Probably two tight ends all game to chip block and dump off routes to the backs to stymie the 8 men in the box. I would think that if he is getting pounded they will be taking him out. Not a good way to start the season.

Again

Our QB had an operation earlier this year and needs a ton of reps with his new receivers, a ton of reps.  His timing is way off with these guys, so he needs a ton of reps with them.  Okay, get it. 

So in your eyes, the coach just pulls him out of practice with these guys for "gamesmanship".  Stupidest idea ever.  "Yeah, I know, I will pull my QB out of practice to play mind games with Lovie, and he will fall for it big time.  Then, I will start my QB and trick em all, but alas, he will suck, because his timing will be off, but at least I played some childish mind game for the fan base"

And for the rest of the fan base, "yeah, it doesn't matter if Cam has a broken throwing arm and in a body cast, he is Superman and we will WIN",  just because.

Guess the schoolbus hasn't ran yet

Unbelievable - the panthers are paying millions for training and medical staff and are going to waste time potentially gameplanning two different offences for the first half of the game, on a decision made by asking Cam how he's feeling on Sunday morning? And you've gathered this information how? From 30 minutes of closed media coverage in the last week?

Jesus....you've really got a lot to learn and I'm not interested in being your professor.

Sent from my iPhone

Please just stop...you are making Fat Alcie look like a gem.

I think they will start him and see if the oline can keep the rush off him.Probably two tight ends all game to chip block and dump off routes to the backs to stymie the 8 men in the box. I would think that if he is getting pounded they will be taking him out. Not a good way to start the season.

Starting Cam and then having to go to DA seems worse than just starting DA to me.

Sent from my iPhone

on a decision made by asking Cam how he's feeling on Sunday morning?

Not really how it works.

about 2 hours before kickoff Cam will be on the field throwing the ball. They will see how he looks, his accuracy, and gauge his comfort level. There is much more to it than "asking how he feels".

Starting Cam and then having to go to DA seems worse than just starting DA to me.

You may be right on that.I would hate to see him get racked up .You know they will be sending the house on him thinking that the passing game isn't developed enough to be a concern.

Not really how it works.

about 2 hours before kickoff Cam will be on the field throwing the ball. They will see how he looks, his accuracy, and gauge his comfort level. There is much more to it than "asking how he feels".

Get this - but I reckon more credit has to be given to the coaching staff to know two days before how they're going to approach a game and plan accordingly. Regardless of what they show the press and what you guys see outside closed practice. 

Well... Cam would be the best expert on how he's feeling, right? LOL

Get this - but I reckon more credit has to be given to the coaching staff to know two days before how they're going to approach a game and plan accordingly. Regardless of what they show the press and what you guys see outside closed practice.

Ron has said repeatedly that the offense doesn't change with DA. He would still run the say game plan and plays. Ron wants Cam in there and is going to give him every chance to play, which means making a last minute decision.

Sent from my iPhone

The body is healing, it is not a car which just had the brake disc changed.

Archived