• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On Cam Newton's Playing Status...

Jeremy Igo

I know I'm late, but I want to play anyway.

1. Even if Cam doesn't play this week, there is no reason to believe his ribs will miraculously heal by next week. He is going to be uncomfortable for a while. If he can manage the pain, he will play. I can live with that.

2. Anderson has done a fine job with our WRs this preseason. He has developed a good chemistry with our guys. If he had to start. There is a very good chance he will do a fine job.

3. Cam is probably going to play. He does give us the best chance for our Offense to succeed. But...Anderson can give us a good game in the short term. I wouldn't want DA to have to carry us for any length of time. But, for a game or two, I am sure he can get the job done.

4. Tampa is not a very good team. We on the other hand, are a very good team. As long as we play as well as we should. We will win. Whether it is Cam or DA at the helm.

You guys are a hoot. I love this place.

I think it's unfair to say Tampa isn't a good team, based on last year. It's a new regime

I think it's unfair to say Tampa isn't a good team, based on last year. It's a new regime

New regime and improved front 7....which should allow there studs to make more plays.

Don't be shocked there improved front 7 plus our spotty OL results in us being shutdown in the run

Oh c'mon guys. They have some talent. Just no where near enough to be worried over. McCoy and a bunch of JAGs on that line. David and a bunch of JAGs at LB. And a secondary that has underperformed.

Their O-line is a mess, as is their QB position. Martin may be a decent back, but we don't know at the moment. But with our Run D, that may not matter. They do have VJax, and a rookie at WR. With McCown as QB they will be lucky to have a decent game, let alone a great game. And the only way they beat us is if they have a great game.

Lovie can't fix all that in one offseason. A handful of decent to great players is not going to beat us.

And GOOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh c'mon guys. They have some talent. Just no where near enough to be worried over. McCoy and a bunch of JAGs on that line. David and a bunch of JAGs at LB. And a secondary that has underperformed.

Their O-line is a mess, as is their QB position. Martin may be a decent back, but we don't know at the moment. But with our Run D, that may not matter. They do have VJax, and a rookie at WR. With McCown as QB they will be lucky to have a decent game, let alone a great game. And the only way they beat us is if they have a great game.

Lovie can't fix all that in one offseason. A handful of decent to great players is not going to beat us.

And GOOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way they beat us is if Evans and Jackson burn our secondary. McCown and the O-line are going to need a hell of a day to do it.

Exactly. I fear Anderson is going to taking a bunch of snaps in the next few weeks. Unless you have had this injury you have no clue how limiting it is just to pass let alone to actually get hit by 300 lb guys trying to hurt you.

I have had this injury and was able to play in the game the next week.

stop doing this pseudo-doctor nonsense.

hairline fractures, as you know the doctor said, are about pain management.

the chicken little crap veiled behind "reason" and "caution" is stupid.

Our interior line is anything but spotty therefore we should be able to run effectively

Amini has never been anything to date but inconsistent and Turner is a rookie about to play his first game off a groin injury. That is spotty.

Do you see that interior pushing bodies in preseason with any sort of consistency?

The way they beat us is if Evans and Jackson burn our secondary. McCown and the O-line are going to need a hell of a day to do it.

I concur whole-heartedly. The only way we lose is if we under perform. I just don't see that happening. This team now knows what it takes to win. That is the main reason we are who we are. These guys know how to practice. They know how to play. They are disciplined. They are hard-nosed.

Tampa is a young team, with some good talent. However, they are not in our league yet.

Amini has never been anything to date but inconsistent and Turner is a rookie about to play his first game off a groin injury. That is spotty.

Do you see that interior pushing bodies in preseason with any sort of consistency?

Not a big enough sample size in the preseason. When Stewart played in the preseason he looked great. We have very little to go on with our starting offensive line from preseason because they played so little.

Archived