• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On Cam Newton's Playing Status...

Jeremy Igo

We are talking about Derek Anderson, playing in an offense with a virtually new offensive line, no speed on the outside, best WR is a rookie, and Mike Shula calling the plays. My God, please let Cam sit so we can get this poo out of the way.

Nice response to a well thought post. This is why to most folks you are a joke.

Do you think I care how I'm viewed on an internet message board or how I'm viewed in my every day life? Ace boogie is a character, he's not who I am.

Wow. You just went from annoying to pitiful. You spend a ton of time on here and now you admit you are a sham and caricature. Who would want to go on a message board for hours a day pretending to be something they aren't as if that is fun or allows them to be okay and nice in real life because they can be an ahole on a message board to total strangers.

Pretty sure you can lose draft picks for lying about injuries. I really dont think we would do that. Exagerate or downplay? Sure, blatantly lie? no.

The only thing worse than the "DA is better" club is the "Joe Webb is better" club. Joe Webb can't throw. He is The Golden Calf of Bristol Esque.

It must be quirky...

Brady played with 3 messed up ribs for weeks. Media had it leaked and NE then admitted it.

89 admitted to playing with injured ribs after a season was over.....Carolina never mentioned it

Wow. You just went from annoying to pitiful. You spend a ton of time on here and now you admit you are a sham and caricature. Who would want to go on a message board for hours a day pretending to be something they aren't as if that is fun or allows them to be okay and nice in real life because they can be an ahole on a message board to total strangers.

You didn't get what I was trying to say. First of all I don't spend hours a day on here, it may seem that way as much as my name gets tossed around. For example I don't care too much for panthers55, but I don't know you. Would you say this message board is a fair representative of who you are as a person? I've never met you and tho I see what you post on here I would never say that I know you unless I actually met you. Thus Panthers55 is just who you are when you log in and post your opinions. We might get a long pretty well outside of here, but here you're panthers55 and I don't care much for him.

Please don't call me pitiful, it implies that I require pity which I do not. It's an insult to those that are truly pitiful. Regardless of what you might think of Aceboogie, the man behind the keys requires no pity. I go to a wonderful university, just got married to a beautiful woman, and have a beautiful two year old daughter. I require no pity.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Cam Newton (ribs) is on track to start against the Bucs.

Newton took all the first-team reps on Saturday and didn't have any setbacks. He remains a game-time decision, but is trending toward being active. Playing at less than 100 percent, Newton is Rotoworld's No. 17 quarterback this week.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter Sep 6 - 4:10 PM

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I know I'm late, but I want to play anyway.

1. Even if Cam doesn't play this week, there is no reason to believe his ribs will miraculously heal by next week. He is going to be uncomfortable for a while. If he can manage the pain, he will play. I can live with that.

2. Anderson has done a fine job with our WRs this preseason. He has developed a good chemistry with our guys. If he had to start. There is a very good chance he will do a fine job.

3. Cam is probably going to play. He does give us the best chance for our Offense to succeed. But...Anderson can give us a good game in the short term. I wouldn't want DA to have to carry us for any length of time. But, for a game or two, I am sure he can get the job done.

4. Tampa is not a very good team. We on the other hand, are a very good team. As long as we play as well as we should. We will win. Whether it is Cam or DA at the helm.

You guys are a hoot. I love this place.

Archived