• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On Cam Newton's Playing Status...

Jeremy Igo

When was the last year Derek was given a shot with a team to start the game? 2010?

Yes, bc that is when we all debated if Jimmy Clausen was the worst or 2nd worst QB playing

And if memory serves correctly, many had Clausen as only the 2nd worst QB

You keep talking about preseason and acting like it matters.....then ignore Cam has never looked as good as a passer in any other preseason despite using it as a reason he shouldn't play.

Could he of uses more reps? Sure. That would have been nice. Did he look like a worse passer than any other preseason? Answer is no

Name a preseason he looked better as a passer if chemistry what you want to hang your hat on.

Let talk about how DA has looked in recent years when gameplanned for behind better OLs and with better WRs......bc it was the definition of horrible

Like I said earlier do you think Cam's preseason last year has any correlation with why we start off slowly? Again in 2011 he was under a different philosophy and OC so it isn't relavent..

And we are talking this preseason now. I am saying what I am because after tomorrow we will see what happens. Truth is that this is all going to be moot when Anderson starts.

I support Derek Anderson, but at the end of the day he's a backup for a reason.

Starting your backup is really not ever an ideal situation. Even less so when you have an impact franchise QB like Cam Newton.

And what about the offseason and preseason has been ideal this year? We are really trying to get through a few weeks until Cam is 100%.

Like I said earlier do you think Cam's preseason last year has any correlation with why we start off slowly? Again in 2011 he was under a different philosophy and OC so it isn't relavent..

And we are talking this preseason now. I am saying what I am because after tomorrow we will see what happens. Truth is that this is all going to be moot when Anderson starts.

I think a new OC and Ron being old Ron had the most to do with it.....and the fact we opened against some good defenses.

If Anderson starts. Riverboat is no more....

Best coach in the NFL is still Belichick.....and we already know what he would do

Like it or not P55 has a valid point. (did I just say that)

Not that I agree with it, but it's worthy of consideration.

People should really stop taking things so personally whenever anyone speaks about cam in anything less than a demigod manner.

It's okay to agree on occasion. After all I may say things people don't like but I always have a good reason for saying it and never just say something without thinking it through or listening to others including you.

And what about the offseason and preseason has been ideal this year? We are really trying to get through a few weeks until Cam is 100%.

We don't know what percentage he's at right now. We also don't know for certain how many weeks it will be before he is completely healed. Teams know about the injury, and whether it's this week, or several weeks from now, they will be trying to hit him, plain and simple.

We don't know what percentage he's at right now. We also don't know for certain how many weeks it will be before he is completely healed. Teams know about the injury, and whether it's this week, or several weeks from now, they will be trying to hit him, plain and simple.

79.9%

I think a new OC and Ron being old Ron had the most to do with it.....and the fact we opened against some good defenses.

If Anderson starts. Riverboat is no more....

Best coach in the NFL is still Belichick.....and we already know what he would do

Didn't Belicheck start Brady as a backup over Bledsoe because he gave them the best chance to win. You only think you know him.

Exactly. I fear Anderson is going to taking a bunch of snaps in the next few weeks. Unless you have had this injury you have no clue how limiting it is just to pass let alone to actually get hit by 300 lb guys trying to hurt you.

Exactly. I fear Anderson is going to taking a bunch of snaps in the next few weeks. Unless you have had this injury you have no clue how limiting it is just to pass let alone to actually get hit by 300 lb guys trying to hurt you.

Your fears are simple assumptions.

If your argument is that he might get hit by a large guy, then I guess we should cancel the season. Because that happens to all players.

Didn't Belicheck start Brady as a backup over Bledsoe because he gave them the best chance to win. You only think you know him.

We will see what happens Sunday.

Whoever plays, I am most worried about our power RBs not being featured early to aid our QB

Archived