• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On Cam Newton's Playing Status...

Jeremy Igo

apple and oranges. He is not 100% didn't get even a third of the reps and is going to be hurt for a few weeks. Your argument is a non sequiter.

Yes he now has a rib injury....

But the fact he had no chemistry with his WRs was being tossed around. So yes, the fact this was his best preseason as a passer does relate to that concern IMO.

DA and Cam is a compete apples and oranges conversion to begin with.....bc even with Cam not at 100% he likely gives us the best chance to win. One is a great player and one is not.

I want the better player on the field. Cam gives us the best chance of winning period. Did you see Glennon wearing a Cam jersey? Why? Because defenses don't game plan for our offense, they gameplan for Cam Newton. They aren't even slightly worried about game planning for Derek Anderson, because if he plays their job gets a whole lot easier.

You haven't been paying attention. Compare their preseason stats and tell me they are even close. And please stop the preseason doesn't count stuff. Look at the slow starts we have had last year and look at newton's preseason numbers since Shula took over and tell me there is no correlation. He takes time and reps to get up to speed. He hasn't had it. Another week of practice will make a world of difference.

You haven't been paying attention. Compare their preseason stats and tell me they are even close. And please stop the preseason doesn't count stuff. Look at the slow starts we have had last year and look at newton's preseason numbers since Shula took over and tell me there is no correlation. He takes time and reps to get up to speed. He hasn't had it. Another week of practice will make a world of difference.

When has Cam ever had a good preseason? Look at their regular season stats and get back to me.

I don't mind if Derek starts.  If he can't move the offense, then bring in Cam, but

it's possible Derek can do the job...why not give him a chance?

No, this isn't Madden. If you decide to sit Cam because of the injury, then he is not playing. If Anderson starts, he starts, it's that simple.

You keep talking about preseason and acting like it matters.....then ignore Cam has never looked as good as a passer in any other preseason despite using it as a reason he shouldn't play.

Could he of uses more reps? Sure. That would have been nice. Did he look like a worse passer than any other preseason? Answer is no

Name a preseason he looked better as a passer if chemistry what you want to hang your hat on.

Let talk about how DA has looked in recent years when gameplanned for behind better OLs and with better WRs......bc it was the definition of horrible

Yes he now has a rib injury....

But the fact he had no chemistry with his WRs was being tossed around. So yes, the fact this was his best preseason as a passer does relate to that concern IMO.

DA and Cam is a compete apples and oranges conversion to begin with.....bc even with Cam not at 100% he likely gives us the best chance to win. One is a great player and one is not.

I think you are confusing in general with this week. I am a huge Cam fan and I started a thread saying I liked Webb more than Anderson at this point so I am not on his bandwagon. But you have to put your emotions and blinders aside and look at the realities. Cam is not the best option tomorrow. By next week he very could be. But Newton doesn't play that well against Tampa anyway yet alone when he is limited. Let's stop kitchen sinking and tell me why he is a better option tomorrow when he is hurt had little practice time, looked poor In the preseason and missed most of practice this week.

Don't go down your bunny trails but stick to my post.

You keep talking about preseason and acting like it matters.....then ignore Cam has never looked as good as a passer in any other preseason despite using it as a reason he shouldn't play.

Could he of uses more reps? Sure. That would of been nice. Did he look like a worse passer than any other preseason? Answer is no

Name a preseason he looked better as a passer if chemistry what you want to hang your hat on.

Let talk about how DA has looked in recent years when gameplanned for behind better OLs and with better WRs......bc it was the definition of horrible

When was the last year Derek was given a shot with a team to start the game? 2010?

Archived