• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On Cam Newton's Playing Status...

Jeremy Igo

This is delusional

I actually know exactly what delusional is and like usual you don't have a clue. Cam has had virtually no practice and it shows on the field. I didn't say Cam at 100% when he has been practicing isn't better than Anderson simply that this week and over the preseason he has struggled. On any given Sunday you put in the guy who is the best that day. Cam hasn't played that much this week and Anderson has.

Makes little sense. Why give Tampa a heads up at this point? Odd.

I don't think Lovie Smith is falling for the media nonsense about Cam not playing.

I think he and his staff have already been game planning for Newton all along. All it would be is telling them what they already know.

I actually know exactly what delusional is and like usual you don't have a clue. Cam has had virtually no practice and it shows on the field. I didn't say Cam at 100% when he has been practicing isn't better than Anderson simply that this week and over the preseason he has struggled. On any given Sunday you put in the guy who is the best that day. Cam hasn't played that much this week and Anderson has.

Anderson at 100% is not a better option than Cam at 100%. You can throw insults around all you like.

Actually, an article in the Observer this morning said Cam is not fond of needles - so he may opt against the painkilling injections and decide to tough it out instead.

In some ways this is good, the painkilling injections can mask further injury that takes place during the game. If he does play and he's hurting, we want to get him out of there.

I think that's more of Cam jokingly saying he doesn't like needles, if it takes a shot for him to get through it then he will get a shot. We won't hear about it either way.

A.  Both Cam and DA at 100% means only that the passing will be similar as both are decent passers

B.  Cam at 100% is by far faster, more elusive, a better runner, bigger, etc.

But, I understand the concerns as Cam has less reps with the totally new receiving crew as Webb and DA got the whole offseason with the WR's.

The only concern is whether Cam can take advantage of the items in B line

Anderson at 100% is not a better option than Cam at 100%. You can throw insults around all you like.

They aren't insults if they are true. We are talking apples and oranges. You are saying that Cam at 100 is better than Anderson

at 100% and that is not the debate. The debate is even if Cam were at 100% tomorrow given he has missed most of practice this week and honestly doesn't have the chemistry with the wide receivers he wouldn't be that effective. Plus he won't be running this week for much even if he could. Lovie will put a spy on him and will stack the box to stop the run. We are going to have to throw to set up the run and right now Anderson has better chemistry and knows this week's game plan better.

If we are going to debate how about getting up to speed and following along.

I would argue this preseason was his best as a passer to date

He set the league on fire with a bad preseason in 2011. His preseason play has never carried much weigh. Poor chemistry, inaccurate, whatever angle u want....was all true then. He looked solid after his first series or 2 in both games this year....which is basically what he does

A. Both Cam and DA at 100% means only that the passing will be similar as both are decent passers

B. Cam at 100% is by far faster, more elusive, a better runner, bigger, etc.

But, I understand the concerns as Cam has less reps with the totally new receiving crew as Webb and DA got the whole offseason with the WR's.

The only concern is whether Cam can take advantage of the items in B line

I don't think he will. First of all Lovie is going to stop the run and make him pass. Secondly if he runs guys are going to cheap shot him and try and hurt him if they can. And it will hurt and will likely make Cam gunshy right now.

Anderson right now is the much better passer with this group of guys at this juncture of the season.

They aren't insults if they are true. We are talking apples and oranges. You are saying that Cam at 100 is better than Anderson

at 100% and that is not the debate. The debate is even if Cam were at 100% tomorrow given he has missed most of practice this week and honestly doesn't have the chemistry with the wide receivers he wouldn't be that effective. Plus he won't be running this week for much even if he could. Lovie will put a spy on him and will stack the box to stop the run. We are going to have to throw to set up the run and right now Anderson has better chemistry and knows this week's game plan better.

Eh, if all you have to fall back on is the chemistry with WR's argument, that's a rather weak one.

Take a short look back to his 2011 rookie of the year season after the lockout.

I want the better player on the field. Cam gives us the best chance of winning period. Did you see Glennon wearing a Cam jersey? Why? Because defenses don't game plan for our offense, they gameplan for Cam Newton. They aren't even slightly worried about game planning for Derek Anderson, because if he plays their job gets a whole lot easier.

I would argue this preseason was his best as a passer to date

He set the league on fire with a bad preseason in 2011. His preseason play has never carried much weight

apple and oranges. He is not 100% didn't get even a third of the reps and is going to be hurt for a few weeks. Your argument is a non sequiter.

You are making the grave mistake of assuming that whoever plays will actually have time to throw. I have no desire to watch Anderson get beaten to death behind that offensive line. At least Cam can run.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived