• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On Cam Newton's Playing Status...

Jeremy Igo

I would just hate for Ron to put him out there and have the OC instructed to call plays where he does not run and it is painful for him to pass the ball.

The staff will not want to risk him getting further injury to his ribs so I doubt he will do much beyond handoffs and quick passes

Cam would still be Cam. It isn't like he uses his legs just when the OC tells him to

Romo and Brady didn't become handoff machines their seasons.

You play the same tunes week in and week out.

You have nothing, and most people, as has been said, hate to see that "the Red" has quoted them.  They know there is some idiotic, childish, repetitive, immature statement waiting on the other end.

You don't have the capacity to discuss football

You've been the same bitter fan since we drafted him. That lies within yourself.

You can get mad at me or anyone else all you want, doesn't change the facts. Work that out, accept him, or go be a fan of another team.

Cam would still be Cam. It isn't like he uses his legs just when the OC tells him to

Maybe that is Rons hesitancy in putting him as the starter.  He knows that instincts will take over and he will take off.  He also knows that Lovie, but the defense he is going to play, will force the issue.

I feel that is why Ron has not pulled the trigger yet.

Maybe that is Rons hesitancy in putting him as the starter. He knows that instincts will take over and he will take off. He also knows that Lovie, but the defense he is going to play, will force the issue.

I feel that is why Ron has not pulled the trigger yet.

But again, Romo and Brady did there things too....Romo isn't a runner but he uses his mobility as part of his game

Cam can dial down the running yet still use it to protect himself. Him being mobile IMO makes him a safer start than Brady was.....If Cam plays smart

That is exactly why I am concerned he will play. He only knows speed which is all out and therein is the problem. He needs to play when he can do just that and play with abandon. A 75% Cam is not better right now than a 100% Anderson. Given the preseason I am not sure a 100% Cam this week is better than a 100% Anderson right now.

Beat reporters yesterday tweeted that the decision will come today, Ron said he wouldn't wait until tomorrow. We should know soon.

If Ron makes the decision today.....Stoic Ron is back to start the season. There would be no good reason to announce it today. In fact, the only thing you could announce today is Cam sits. There would be no way to announce Cam as a starter before he goes through warmups IMO

But again, Romo and Brady did there things too....Romo isn't a runner but he uses his mobility as part of his game

Cam can dial down the running yet still use it to protect himself. Him being mobile IMO makes him a safer start than Brady was.....If Cam plays smart

I think the chess match is between Ron and Lovie right now.

You know that Ron only has to empathize as a defensive mind to know what Lovie will be doing.

I feel like 8 in the box is gonna be what we see all day.  Stop the run, period. 

Then, whether it is Cam or DA, passing with success will be the key to us winning.  I don't think Lovie expects Cam or DA to run, especially by design.  Escaping and throwing the ball away will be key.  Maybe throwing on first down will be the key.

Just how good Ron thinks Cam can do it and what risk he is taking is what he will have to decide.  If he plays Cam and he gets hit and comes out of the game, the Huddle will explode with "stupid head coach" sentiments.

Rivera is walking a tight rope now.  He will roll the dice Sunday morning I guess.

I think the chess match is between Ron and Lovie right now.

You know that Ron only has to empathize as a defensive mind to know what Lovie will be doing.

I feel like 8 in the box is gonna be what we see all day. Stop the run, period.

Then, whether it is Cam or DA, passing with success will be the key to us winning. I don't think Lovie expects Cam or DA to run, especially by design. Escaping and throwing the ball away will be key. Maybe throwing on first down will be the key.

Just how good Ron thinks Cam can do it and what risk he is taking is what he will have to decide. If he plays Cam and he gets hit and comes out of the game, the Huddle will explode with "stupid head coach" sentiments.

Rivera is walking a tight rope now. He will roll the dice Sunday morning I guess.

I don't think Belichick was dumb to play Brady. Even if the outcome was different.

Sit Newton and start him next.....all same worries are there. Same probably hold true for at least the first quarter of the season. The ribs are going to be a target/issue for awhile.

There likely will be some big play opportunity on Sunday....likely IMO will determine if we win. Tampa will overplay the run and gamble on extra pressure on the QB (regardless of QB). I like Cam's chances of making those plays over DA

Archived