• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On Cam Newton's Playing Status...

Jeremy Igo

You know how I know you're lying? Tampa fans already have bags...

Not anymore. Now Raymond James Stadium is just filled with paper bags....with no Buc fans in sight..   when a soft breeze blows,  the empty bags can be seen rolling around their field like tumbleweeds.

I actually would rather see DA than Cam. Not just the injury but Cam hasn't gotten the chemistry built that Anderson has right now. Cam has missed too much time to not look rusty. I really think that right now Anderson gives us a better chance to win this Sunday. When Cam is totally healthy then obviously he is better. But if his ribs don't allow him to run then Anderson is a better option this week.

I actually would rather see DA than Cam. Not just the injury but Cam hasn't gotten the chemistry built that Anderson has right now. Cam has missed too much time to not look rusty. I really think that right now Anderson gives us a better chance to win this Sunday. When Cam is totally healthy then obviously he is better. But if his ribs don't allow him to run then Anderson is a better option this week.

The same Cam that didn't have an offseason his rookie year? Yea I'm taking that guy even at 50% over a 100% Derek Anderson.

The same Cam that didn't have an offseason his rookie year? Yea I'm taking that guy even at 50% over a 100% Derek Anderson.

No he isn't the same Cam. He is a Cam that virtually has not run at all since he hurt his ribs. It is really a limited Cam against Anderson who has more chemistry and is healthier than Cam right now. Again no one is saying Anderson is better when they both are healthy but Cam isn't. I have had that injury and I can't imagine having a 300 lb dude land on me flak jacket or not. They can say what they want but those ribs are not completely healed and every week makes a big difference.

I am all for a good old fashioned debate but can we get a thread that is locked to just updates on Cam's status? That is if there is not already one I missed.

There is only one more Cam update to watch for and that is in warmups on Sunday.

Stoic Ron will sit a QB that wants to go....or Riverboat will roll with a QB that wants to go.

Not exactly. He's going to have so many painkillers injected into him, he's probably going to feel numb all day. It's when the coaches ask him to make a certain throw and see how his body reacts, that's when they'll see if he's healthy.

Actually, an article in the Observer this morning said Cam is not fond of needles - so he may opt against the painkilling injections and decide to tough it out instead. 

In some ways this is good, the painkilling injections can mask further injury that takes place during the game. If he does play and he's hurting, we want to get him out of there. 

Archived