• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On Cam Newton's Playing Status...

Jeremy Igo

Past results do mean something....if you suck for seasons. It matters. You can't just play the Awe Schucks It Doesn't Matter card.

Chicago has he best WR duo combo on the NFL....that helps. He went 3-2 in a weak division. McCown isn't suddenly legit now either.

Funny, many down here feel the same way. 

Given that Lovie has Tedford's offense on full lockdown, nobody really knows what to expect from McCown. We'll see Sunday.

Guest LavonteDavid

Lol your sig. Someone is butthurt 

It's cool. Cam sent me a towel to wear on my head when I get sad halfway through the 3rd quarter.

First 8 Games:

57.59%, 17 TDs, 9 INTs, 91.7 QBR

Final 8 Games:

55.56%, 12 TDs, 10 INTs, 73.7 QBR

So what do you want to believe in more, a single 8-game stretch by him where he put up nice numbers or the final 8 games of that season plus the rest of his career where he has always looked abysmal? Look, even if I were to say he performed well in 2007 (and I already said in another thread he didn't play bad... but still it was mainly just an 8 game stretch; everyone back then saw his regression coming from a mile away)... that is still 1 good year vs. 3 awful ones. The guy sucks.

And I don't hate Anderson. I think he is a great guy and I'm glad he is on the team because it appears he has a nice friendship going with Newton and he is obviously supportive. But I just don't get why everyone keeps acting like he was ever all that good.

If you're gonna quote my post then you should address my point, which you didn't. It wasn't about his volume of work. You say he's always sucked. A pro bowl season says he hasn't. I think you're outvoted. 

If you're gonna quote my post then you should address my point, which you didn't. It wasn't about his volume of work. You say he's always sucked. A pro bowl season says he hasn't. I think you're outvoted.

He was not voted into the Pro Bowl. He was an alternate who got in because Tom Brady opted out. So he participated in the Pro Bowl. He got votes for the Pro Bowl. But he was not voted into the Pro Bowl just like Kerry Collins did not have a Pro Bowl season in 2008 and neither did Garrard or Young in 2009. They got in because the players who DID get voted in didn't want to play.

But believe what you want to believe that Derek Anderson was truly playing at a Pro Bowl caliber level. I guess Jeff Saturday was too because he got voted in 2012 when he got voted in (actually voted in - not an alternate) despite being benched, right?

Or maybe Kobe Bryant had an All-Star season last year too, what am I to say otherwise? I'm outvoted!

Archived