• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On Cam Newton's Playing Status...

Jeremy Igo

Derek anderson is a below average starter. As a backup, he's one of the best.

No, he sucks as a starter too.

And I will never understand this logic. Okay, maybe he sucks less than other backups around the NFL, maybe he is one of the best backups in the NFL I will give you that (I would disagree). So what? He ain't gonna be our backup if he plays Sunday. He will be the starter.

In Anderson's last start, he was 7/20 (35%!), 93 yards, 1 interception, 0 touchdowns, 29.8 QB Rating. Dude sucked when he played. Straight trash. I am just completely confused was to why so many people on this site think he as ever a competent starter outside of 1 fluke 8-game stretch in 2007. In 4 out of 5 seasons prior to coming to Carolina, he finished the season with a QB Rating 66 or worse. In his final 8 games in 2007, his QB Rating was 73.7. All he had to him was a big arm. He was extremely inaccurate. That is why Arizona got rid of him after 1 season.

Derek Anderon has always sucked.

Cam will start depending on how he feels during warmups. Simple as that. If he feels a tweak in his back at all, they'll sit him (assuming he tells them). I'd almost bet money that if they try to say "we're sitting you today" he protests until kickoff if he has to. Guy is a competitor. Doubt he wants to be on the sideline for the first game unless he is injured, not hurt.

Having said that, knowing Cam, he'll be supportive and in good spirits if they do indeed sit him. I don't care who starts (though I prefer Cam), as long as we win.

Considering he's only going to pass the ball for 17 attempts, I'll take my chances.

I would wager your expectations of our rush attack aren't realistic. We have no one to stretch the field and Tampa's improved front will be playing our weak rush attack

DA would be forced to be the reason we won

Archived