• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On Cam Newton's Playing Status...

Jeremy Igo

DA starting IMO would be a reality check for the fanbase.

Cam Newton allows us to get by with a lot of issues.

Let a D actually gameplan for DA with our weakness? Well I would have to quote the great Brandon LaFell... "oh wee mayne".

I think it would give Gentleman a reality check more so. Than fans

Just to add to the discussion....

If DA starts and wins... does that help or hurt Cam's bargaining position on his new contract?

If we start DA and he wins, the media will be non stop with the Cam bashing. I mean a backup beat this unbeatable Tampa Bay team.

My question is this, is one extra week going to make him feel 100%? Seems like its such a slim margin of play/no play...almost like if he is this questionable this week, who's to say he'd be ready next week?

he better fuging be, I bought tickets on my med school student budget 

As I said, better QBs than Cam have done it. They could of cost themselves a lock HOFer. But it's football so he played.

The longer Anderson goes without seeing the field the better he gets in people's minds.

Also have "better" QBs played while they were hurt and hurt there team, I don't think you should question Cams toughness. If he cant go he should not. Anderson was a pro bowl QB at one point. I think he is capable of winning a few games.

Looks like David Newton spoke to KBREDZONE13:

Carolina Panthers: Newton should be good to go
Quarterback Cam Newton didn't practice on Wednesday, raising speculation that his fractured ribs might be more of a factor than led to believe. But the Panthers simply were taking precautions, and Newton is expected to start Sunday vs. a Tampa Bay team he's had success against in the past. Rookie wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin says Newton is throwing well, with a lot of zip on the ball. That's good news for his fantasy owners.  -- David Newton

Also have "better" QBs played while they were hurt and hurt there team, I don't think you should question Cams toughness. If he cant go he should not. Anderson was a pro bowl QB at one point. I think he is capable of winning a few games.

Derek Anderson has always sucked. The fascination with him on this site is ridiculous.

Archived