• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen Hill First Impressions

Jeremy Igo

No other WR on our team has height? Benjamin is taller than Hill and Bersin is like 3/4 of an inch shorter.

The speed, though, none of the others have.

I meant a combination of the two. No other WR has both. Hell, no other WR has the speed even lol.

@BlackBlueReview: When asked about his problem with drops during his time with the Jets, Stephen Hill said that was a product of the New York media.

LOL. I sure as hell hope he's joking, and if he is that is fücking hilarious.

Interesting...

Could be hand-eye coordination or focus issues?

That is what KB said his issues in college stemmed from and Proehl addressed that on day one.  He proceeded to not drop anything hardly afterwards.  This is why everyone was clamoring for him to be signed.  Some coaches in the NFL are just terrible at coaching up players.  If they have veteran talent they can sustain that, but to build a raw guy into a performer just isn't their cup of tea.  Rex Ryan's staff is the purest example I can use to illustrate my point.   Guys like Mark Sanchez and Hill are the same players they were in college.  It is evident they are still making rookie mistakes.  Hill after two years in the NFL hasn't been told you catch with your eyes.  That is what Proehl told Benjamin.

Our staff on the other hand is about development.  Kelvin Benjamin had glaring issues, but all were correctable.  Proehl hammered them out within days.  Rivera said "we don't keep guys on our practice squad just to practice".  "If we feel they can't develop and help us eventually, we don't keep them".  

I'm not just excited about the prospect of HIll, but the continuity we have in developing talent.  Namely guys like Proehl, Wilks, and Matsko will always get something good out of their players.  That is how you build winners.

He said the drops were overblown by the NY media. I can see that but they didn't make him drop passes.. He's definitely has some growing up to do.

I misinterpreted the quote lol. I thought he was saying the Jets' media was so pestering that it caused him to drop balls. Makes more sense the way you put it.

I misinterpreted the quote lol. I thought he was saying the Jets' media was so pestering that it caused him to drop balls. Makes more sense the way you put it.

Yeah... He did say this though, which is why I said he still needs to grow up

Hill said receivers "in other facilities" had more drops than he did. "The New York media wanted me out of there."

Archived