• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the Roster Already Set?

firstdayfan

Yes, I believe it is 8, 45 to dress for games and 53 total including PS players.

You are kind of right. PS can have 8 player that is correct, but they are not consider part of the active roster. A team can have 53 on the active roster but only 45 active on gameday not including the 3rd quarterback.

For those of you who think we only keep 4 wideouts, who do you think gets the extra roster spot? An offensive linemen? linebacker? I think we did keep only 8 offensive linemen last year with Hangartner, Bridges, and Ominyale but I feel like I'm forgetting someone. In either case who gets that extra spot. Anyone think we don't keep 6 corners? I think its a lot but I doubt we get rid of Wesley or Munnerlyn because of their special teams ability.

I also think Anderson is a lock because he has been with the starters as guys have gotten injured, but there could always be a suprise there. I really like Kenneth Moore and if we keep 5 he is a lock but if we keep 4 then I'm not sure. I read an article that he worked out with Wake Forrest alumn Ricky Proehl to improve route running and such. He even is wearing Ricky's old number. I like him and with Smitty being hurt my money is that we keep 5 for the time being.

I think some possibilities for the PS include T Jonathon Palmer, G Justin Geisinger, WR Larry Beavers, QB Hunter Cantwell, LB Morty Ivy, RB Jamal Lee and then fill the rest with castoffs from other teams.

Also, the Giants are pretty stacked on the online so we should keep a close eye on their DT's on monday.

We'll also be checking the waiver wires pretty closely to pick up another DT if one pops out that's worth anything. That will cut someone else or take up that last spot, depending on your thinking. Personally, I'd hate to be sitting on those last few spots on the depth chart...

I looked up last year's roster and the big differences were that we did keep 9 OL and the ninth was Bernadeau and we only kept 4 RB. Maybe this year that extra OL spot goes to Fiammatta or we keep 4 WR and Fiamatta gets the extra WR spot. Still 24 offensive players. Defesive was different to in that we kept 8 linebackers, however, Connor was on IR. So there is a possibility of that again this year. Either way there is no chance that we keep less than 6 backers. I could see a guy like Wesley getting the chopping block to make room for another LB. We only kept 4 DE's last year but I don't see Hilee Taylor getting cut, he was pretty good at fan fest and should notch a few sacks in the preseason. It is an interesting debate that will only get better as we go thru the preseason.

I looked up last year's roster and the big differences were that we did keep 9 OL and the ninth was Bernadeau and we only kept 4 RB. Maybe this year that extra OL spot goes to Fiammatta or we keep 4 WR and Fiamatta gets the extra WR spot. Still 24 offensive players. Defesive was different to in that we kept 8 linebackers, however, Connor was on IR. So there is a possibility of that again this year. Either way there is no chance that we keep less than 6 backers. I could see a guy like Wesley getting the chopping block to make room for another LB. We only kept 4 DE's last year but I don't see Hilee Taylor getting cut, he was pretty good at fan fest and should notch a few sacks in the preseason. It is an interesting debate that will only get better as we go thru the preseason.

OK, I have had it. It is time for you to go.

You should know that logic is not allowed on this board. If you continue to include logic in your posts, you will need to pack your bags and go.:D

Archived