• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers at Bucs - Quick Hits

Jeremy Igo

I don't know if I would call Wharton "serviceable at best".  He graded out as the 3rd best LG in the NFL by PFF last year.  While obviously PFF grades aren't the end-all be-all of player evaluation, I'd still argue that being 3rd in the NFL at your position puts you a little higher than "serviceable".  

1. All attempts at grading Interior Linemen throughout a season are laughable without exception. 

2. Wharton definitely lost the speed and push to block past the first line last season. Its why we had so much trouble getting Dwill moving up the middle in the first half of the season on slants and draws. TT has the strength and potential to open more holes in the middle but he needs game time.

Regardless of the slow offensive start we're likely to have, the OL definitely has the size and strength to create serious holes as they play together this season.   

"Step forward Jonathan Stewart, who may have been the most elusive back over the past three years, but is, statistically speaking, the worst in pass protection. On 182 situations the Panthers have asked him to stay in, he’s given up six sacks, five hits, and 14 hurries to give him the lowest rating of all backs by some distance."

lol I stand corrected. Feel free to crack that egg on my face.

"Step forward Jonathan Stewart, who may have been the most elusive back over the past three years, but is, statistically speaking, the worst in pass protection. On 182 situations the Panthers have asked him to stay in, he’s given up six sacks, five hits, and 14 hurries to give him the lowest rating of all backs by some distance."

lol I stand corrected. Feel free to crack that egg on my face.

lol it's not about that man, just wanted to shed some light.....it's been a big myth around here

Archived