• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Caplan: Stephen Hill trying out for Panthers today

Jeremy Igo

Keep a 35 year old receiver in decline, overpay for a glorified return man and throw money at a guy who massively underachieved last year...

Yeah...That's a much better plan :unsure:

Say what you want about Smitty. He looked like Smitty during the preseason.  He is still on the Panthers' payroll (if you get what I'm saying), and it would have been nice to see him play with Benjamin.

Our receiving corps would have looked mch better with him this year than without him.

really?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14910/stephen-hill

2012: 21 catches on 47 targets (45%), 11 games played

2013: 24 catches on 59 targets (40%), 12 games played

to be fair, targets not converted into catches don't often mean drops. lots of reasons for a low completion %.over/under thrown balls, botched routes, blown routes due to coverage, pass break ups, etc.

pff does have him with more drops, though, than the one.

Say what you want about Smitty. He looked like Smitty during the preseason. He is still on the Panthers' payroll (if you get what I'm saying), and it would have been nice to see him play with Benjamin.

Our receiving corps would have looked mch better with him this year than without him.

Prior rookies would say working together with Smitty wasn't such a great thing for them.

Given how much is riding on Benjamin, you really wanna take that chance?

He wouldn't be here if he and his agent weren't interested.  

Yeah they are. But say the Saints call later today. The Agent would prefer their client on that team. The Saints keep us weak while picking up a prospect. 

But all I have is speculation. We know for sure he's here, if Gettleman likes what he sees he can't let him out of the building. In fact Huddlers at Charlotte Douglas, Stephen Hill does not leave Charlotte!

Archived