• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Caplan: Stephen Hill trying out for Panthers today

Jeremy Igo

Why not? I see no problem in keeping a revolving door for certain positions every year so long as we can find value in FA. It works for us and it works for the player. They get an opportunity to prove they are worthy of a contract and we get someone with talent and something to prove to overachieve for us. So long as we have our core players to keep the identity and morale of the team I think it's a good business model.

That's fine when you have core players at your WR1 and WR2 position, but right now in regards to our core WRs, we have Benjamin.  The WR core needs some continuity.  One rock among the bunch is not a recipe for success.

That's fine when you have core players at your WR1 and WR2 position, but right now in regards to our core WRs, we have Benjamin. The WR core needs some continuity. One rock among the bunch is not a recipe for success.

The draft is used for our core which I think is what he meant.

This is what successful teams do anyway

i agree with most of this but myth about paying smith 21mil for the next 3 years, every rational fan can accept smith being released for that but he was never asked or approach about a pay cut or restructure, also he missed pretty much 2 games.His stats may have been a little higher.

I was under the impression that he said he would not take a pay cut at this point in his career, which might explain why he was not approached.  But let's be honest--they wanted him gone.   Nobody can convince me otherwise.

Why not? I see no problem in keeping a revolving door for certain positions every year so long as we can find value in FA. It works for us and it works for the player. They get an opportunity to prove they are worthy of a contract and we get someone with talent and something to prove to overachieve for us. So long as we have our core players to keep the identity and morale of the team I think it's a good business model.

This is very true. Guys on "contract years" seem to ball out for more money/PT. It could work, like you said, if we only bring these type in mostly as role players. Might bring someone in who really wants to stay. Never know, but I like the concept.

That's fine when you have core players at your WR1 and WR2 position, but right now in regards to our core WRs, we have Benjamin. The WR core needs some continuity. One rock among the bunch is not a recipe for success.

Well based on my philosophies we'd have 2 core players at the WR position instead of the RB position so I agree with you.

I guess I would just like to see some more continuity on the offensive side of the ball.  We'll see how good of a business model it is in the latter part of the season.  I think this year is kind of an exception year in terms of player turnover, but continuity on the OL is important, and I think Cam needs another WR target to gel with.  And we may already have that with Jericho and/or Jason, but only time will tell.  I am excited out our TE's this year and really looking forward to watching that group play this year.  Back to my original point, we took a gamble on Teddy and it paid off.  It would have been nice having him back to return punts and be that small speedy guy for us again this year.  Just reap more benefit from us taking a chance. 

Our continuity is tied up in our running backs.  

Archived