• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Caplan: Stephen Hill trying out for Panthers today

Jeremy Igo

Whatever. I didn't see the .gifs, but I did see the Patriots drop. I've seen that before.  For some reason I can't find the Steelers drop which makes me wonder.  Your .gifs won't load for me. Had to go to YT.

Oh, I thought the point was that he had three drops.  Make up your mind.

Perhaps PFF counted a drop on a penalty or something. IDK.

I count that 3rd one as a drop. He could have caught that if he attacked the ball properly. Even if it was tight coverage, the ball went right between his hands. I didn't go through the rest of the game to see if there was a more clear cut one.

PFF won't count a drop if it was a penalty.

I count that 3rd one as a drop. He could have caught that if he attacked the ball properly. Even if it was tight coverage, the ball went right between his hands. I didn't go through the rest of the game to see if there was a more clear cut one.

PFF won't count a drop if it was a penalty.

Just curious, was the other "drop" this?

hill.gif

rather have a not so dynamic guy that can run his routes and catch the ball when thrown to him rather than a really fast guy who can "take the top off a defense" but drops what is thrown to him with regularity.

i'd rather have a guy who took it on himself to better himself every year over a guy who just sits back and blames the coaches for not getting better.

If Proehl can make Ginn look like a receiver, he can make Hill look even better than Ginn.

Seems to me Stephen Hill may take Philly Brown's spot. Brown was the best of the speed options and had returning ability. All the speed options were lacking. When you consider the competition for that spot was Pilares, Underwood, and Brown there is no question that Hill is better than all of them.

Philly Brown moving to the practice squad as he continues to bobble the returns. Hello Stephen Hill. All Proehl has to do is say, "Yeah I can work with that."

People seem to think we have team full of 53 pro bowlers and there is no way we can make room for him, I see people asking things like "who do we cut to make room for Hill?" Hmm lets see, a pleothra of mediocre players to choose from, how about Norwell or Foucault, how about Philly Brown? There is no reason whatsoever to keep Brown over Hill. NONE. Hill is bigger, faster, younger, (as someone pointed out, hes actually yonger than KB!) and he has actually started in this league and put up decent yds past season in that dumpster fire Jets offense.

Us signing Hill is a no brainer. Hill will always be open in our offense because of the double teams KB will demand, who did the Jets have last year that drew double teams to open things up for Hill? Aslong as Hill is wide open, he can make the catches and believe me, he will be wide open often

Archived