• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Caplan: Stephen Hill trying out for Panthers today

Jeremy Igo

They use STATS LLC.  Several teams have indeed started using their software if you believe them.

And btw, here is another site that lists 1 drop.  i wonder why.

Stats LLC is the king of the hill when it comes to statistics.

I'm not arguing which is the best stats or how many teams use PFF. My point was some NFL personnel use it. That's a fact. You want to argue that their grades aren't always great or some teams don't use/like PFF that's a different story. I rather trust PFF that some random website.

So no response to the gifs of the 2 drops? I'm soooo surprised.  :sleep:

Here's the 3rd drop btw. Week 11 v the Bills.

ibbm7nfQ8o8v3G.gif

I'm not arguing which is the best stats or how many teams use PFF. My point was some NFL personnel use it. That's a fact. You want to argue that their grades aren't always great or some teams don't use/like PFF that's a different story. I rather trust PFF that some random website.

ibbm7nfQ8o8v3G.gif

Don't see any gifs, but anyway if they are like this one then you can hardly call this a legitimate drop. It's arguably pass interference.  You can't show some random .gifs and say they are drops.

ibbm7nfQ8o8v3G.gif

I have no opinion on this guy cause I'm unfamiliar, but I wouldn't fault anyone for this play. failing on a circus catch on a poorly thrown ball with a defender draped on you isn't really a big deal.

ibbm7nfQ8o8v3G.gif

I have no opinion on this guy cause I'm unfamiliar, but I wouldn't fault anyone for this play. failing on a circus catch on a poorly thrown ball with a defender draped on you isn't really a big deal.

Which is exactly my point. Some things are more subjective and less real stats.  If you're going to trust stats, then why not use the best?  Rodeo is right on in his assessment. 

it is interesting that they are working out WRs.

what is disappointing is that they aren't working out OTs and potential depth OL. hopefully they are and it's not being reported or they are going to be doing it soon.

Maybe there is no value at those positions. I hate to say that but it could be true.

ibbm7nfQ8o8v3G.gif

The other 2 were clearly drops. This 3rd one, he had awful technique when trying to catch the ball. 

I'm late to the party, but what is the big difference between one drop or three?

None. PFF had him at 3 drops while another has it as 1.

I'm late to the party, but what is the big difference between one drop or three?

For some reason the other .gifs won't load for me.

But, you're really right.  Essentially, it doesn't make any difference. I am not necessarily a Stephen Hill guy, but if we sign him I will hope for the best.  We need some play makers and speed in our pedestrian WR corps. KB and Cam can only benefit. 

Don't see any gifs, but anyway if they are like this one then you can hardly call this a legitimate drop. It's arguably pass interference.  You can't show some random .gifs and say they are drops.

The gifs were right there before you replied....

Random gifs? lol. The 1st two were where the ball hit him in the hands and he didn't catch it. Last time I checked that's called a drop.

For some reason the other .gifs won't load for me.

But, you're really right.  Essentially, it doesn't make any difference. I am not necessarily a Stephen Hill guy, but if we sign him I will hope for the best.  We need some play makers and speed in our pedestrian WR corps. KB and Cam can only benefit. 

That wasn't what we were arguing now was it? Point is he had more than 1 drop. 

That wasn't what we were arguing now was it? Point is he had more than 1 drop. 

Whatever. I didn't see the .gifs, but I did see the Patriots drop. I've seen that before.  For some reason I can't find the Steelers drop which makes me wonder.  Your .gifs won't load for me. Had to go to YT.

Oh, I thought the point was that he had three drops.  Make up your mind.

Perhaps PFF counted a drop on a penalty or something. IDK.

rather have a not so dynamic guy that can run his routes and catch the ball when thrown to him rather than a really fast guy who can "take the top off a defense" but drops what is thrown to him with regularity.

i'd rather have a guy who took it on himself to better himself every year over a guy who just sits back and blames the coaches for not getting better.

I would like the quote where hill expressed it was the coaches fault for his drops...seems like a rumor to me

Archived