• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Caplan: Stephen Hill trying out for Panthers today

Jeremy Igo

Because if they were bad elsewhere, they'll be good here.

(at least that's the theory)

For the veteran minimum. 

Our fan base thinks we can low ball veterans and still get quality.We've had a few bad players surprise us by becoming mediocre. I don't know that we've had a Slam Dunk free agent since Stephen Davis. Maybe Eric Davis before him.

For the veteran minimum.

Our fan base thinks we can low ball veterans and still get quality.We've had a few bad players surprise us by becoming mediocre. I don't know that we've had a Slam Dunk free agent since Stephen Davis. Maybe Eric Davis before him.

Dwan Edwards!?

Dwan Edwards!?

Bad player that turned out to be solid. Every team in the NFL has several Dwans on their team. I'm talking slam dunk, changed the team's fortunes free agent signing. Stephen Davis, Eric Davis, and Reggie White for the Packers. That type of signing. 

The Panthers don't hit on those guys often. To be clear the price tag is not relevant to that part of my post. I was commenting on the Huddle's expectations to sign guys for the vet minimum. Whether or not we sign slam dunk free agents has nothing to do with the huddle.

Bad player that turned out to be solid. Every team in the NFL has several Dwans on their team. I'm talking slam dunk, changed the team's fortunes free agent signing. Stephen Davis, Eric Davis, and Reggie White for the Packers. That type of signing.

The Panthers don't hit on those guys often. To be clear the price tag is not relevant to that part of my post. I was commenting on the Huddle's expectations to sign guys for the vet minimum. Whether or not we sign slam dunk free agents has nothing to do with the huddle.

I get your point here. Agreed.

Archived