• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Caplan: Stephen Hill trying out for Panthers today

Jeremy Igo

I respect Proehl immensely, and I have no doubts in his abilities, but not every WR with a fading career is going to turn into Ginn here.

no doubt. thats why i said in the other thread. this is a project. he isn't going to change this year. it will be a 2 year type of deal. it seems like it would have to be.

Looks like this organization acknowledge they're deficient at the WR spot. That's a great thing. I guest the answer is not in the roster. Hill reminds me a bit of Lafell. May not be a bad thing.

they need to be acknowledging more the deficiency they have on the OL. pass catchers are a good bit further down the line as a need than who is starting at OT and the scrub depth they have across the line. so much bigger of an issue than a 4th or 5th choice as pass catcher.

no doubt. thats why i said in the other thread. this is a project. he isn't going to change this year. it will be a 2 year type of deal. it seems like it would have to be.

Yep, and with Avant and Cotchery both up there in age, we're going to have spots to fill as soon as next season. Hill would be nice to have as a project for a year and save us from having to draft another WR next season. We have alot of other holes that need to be filled. This is a buy low, type of opportunity with Hill. The talent is there with Hill imo, Ricky hasn't really been given any body special to work with yet and Hill would be a great place to start.

Also, at 23 I believe Hill is still young enough to be moulded. Any bad habits he has developed still have a chance to be broken. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part though

The way that they grade a receiver entails drops and everything else, which is then used to predict a player's success rate for the coming year.  Surely you don't believe that predictions aren't based upon grades which are based upon stats (or stat accumulation).  Come on, dude.

What does that have to do with how many drops a receiver has??? Stop mentioning grades and fantasy football. Has nothing to do with watching tape and counting drops. Two separate processes.

Most of what you described sounds fixable via coaching.

I agree with you. Maybe the change of coaching will do it. However, it's not like the Jets' coaches weren't trying to coach him the right way. They were. Say what you will about the Jets but they're still a pro football team with pro football coaches. They tried to get it in his head to be physical, to use his hands, to run better routes, but he just doesn't have it as of right now.

I agree with you. Maybe the change of coaching will do it. However, it's not like the Jets' coaches weren't trying to coach him the right way. They were. Say what you will about the Jets but they're still a pro football team with pro football coaches. They tried to get it in his head to be physical, to use his hands, to run better routes, but he just doesn't have it as of right now.

Guy has a point. I mean Ricky may be one of the best WR coaches in the league, but temper your expectations people. It's not like they just didn't coach him at all up in NY. 

What does that have to do with how many drops a receiver has??? Stop mentioning grades and fantasy football. Has nothing to do with watching tape and counting drops. Two separate processes.

And yet and still there is a two drop difference between companies.  One compiles statistics, and the other compiles statistics and grades players.  

Archived