• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Caplan: Stephen Hill trying out for Panthers today

Jeremy Igo

One thing that concerns me here. His agent basically blamed the Jets organization, Quarterbacks, and offense. Is he going to want his client in a Mike Shula offense with an injured starting Quarterback? If a high octane offense gives him a call he will put his client in the best position to succeed.

Or he could go to the team with the worst perceived WR group in the league, where he thinks he may have a better chance to play.

For what it's worth, Jonathan Jones thinks Philly Brown is the guy in danger if Hill is signed, not Bersin.

I still say it could easily be another position. Gettleman isn't a 'position quota' guy.

Who returns punts then? It feels like Philly is untouchable right now

For what it's worth, Jonathan Jones thinks Philly Brown is the guy in danger if Hill is signed, not Bersin.

I still say it could easily be another position. Gettleman isn't a 'position quota' guy.

I think WR is already thin with only 5 guys on the roster. I would advocate getting rid of one of the marginal OL guys over Philly, as I'd rather not have Cason be a starting CB and our PR as well.

Stephen Hill is the one player that i kept scanning the waiver wires to see who would pick him up the day he was released,hoping we  would do it instantly if he fell to us..

Since we didn't, this is the next best thing and if Ricky Proehl and the coaching staff see fit to keep him in hopes of  helping Hill improve the talent he already has, then it will certainly be alright with me.

Archived