• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Caplan: Stephen Hill trying out for Panthers today

Jeremy Igo

I think what it shows that, as LaFell got relied on more(big jump in targets) and he started dropping ball more frequently.

Hill had slightly more targets and was able to cut down on his ridiculous 13% drop rate.

For comparison, in 2012 AJ Green had a 9% drop rate but he had 168 targets.

I would caution against trying to find trends in such small sample sizes. When you say 69 targets. That means a drop is moving the rate 1.44%. You really can't take much from that. 

At the eye test guys like Ginn and Lafell had very costly drops. 

Hill is very good blocker too. That is a positive to his game coming from that option offense at Georgia Tech

That wasn't a jab at Hill I was speaking solely about Lafell. I know the offense Hill came from and it was essentially Shula ball with moar running.

I would caution against trying to find trends in such small sample sizes. When you say 69 targets. That means a drop is moving the rate 1.44%. You really can't take much from that. 

At the eye test guys like Ginn and Lafell had very costly drops. 

? All I said was Hill cut down his ridiculous drop rate and he did...

I think he would thrive with Cam. Just a hunch, but he can be used in that same role as Ginn, who also had some bad drops last year, but also had big plays

the only thing that concerns me is Cam throws fuging laser beams. He has a little bit of touch but he rifles like favre.

the only saving grace for Hill would be having ricky. If the organization feels he's worth it ill trust them. I do want Hill because it's exciting to have someone that big and that fast (seemingly).

if the org feels that he wouldn't work here i'm not going to get upset. i trust their judgement.

That is overblown, but I'm not gonna turn this into a Smitty discussion. I am not going to change my mind that our corps as it is presently constituted is better minus 89.  Now get someone in here that can actually compliment Benjamin, or actually push him for the WR1 position, then I may change my mind (not Saying that Hill is or isn't that guy).

I don't think so, and Smith came out and said it a while back.

The O needed to lose at least 1 mouth, if not 2 from last season for Cam to be able to take over as it's leader.  Will Cam do that, we don't know, but it had to be done.

I think he would thrive with Cam. Just a hunch, but he can be used in that same role as Ginn, who also had some bad drops last year, but also had big plays

Why everybody keep saying this? He had a couple, 3 at the max deep balls that went through his hands not actually touched his hands. Never once last year the ball went into Ginn chest or directly in his hands and he dropped it

Archived