• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL cuts of interest....

Jeremy Igo

in 2012, PFF gave Major Wright the 23rd highest overall grade and rated him 19th against the run. Last season, Wright's play took a hit, although as the ESPN beat reporter for the Bears wrote: "to be fair, the two safeties didn't get much help from up front" and called the play of the front-seven "disastrous."

Major Wright is at least a younger faster Roman Harper big hitter.

Clemons is a good hitter and better in cvg.

This shows that contract to Harper was a desperate one. It seems they are stuck(albeit willingly) with him.

Bengals (who drafted RB Jeremy Hill of LSU) cut BenJarvus Green-Ellis, who just turned 29 in July

Most Rush TD since 2010:

1. Adrian Peterson 46

2. Arian Foster 42

3. Marshawn Lynch 41

4. BenJarvus Green-Ellis 37

(via @ESPNStatsInfo )

yards from scrimmage, last 4 seasons

2010 - 1093 yds, 13 TD for Patriots

2011 - 826 yds, 11 TD for Patriots

2012 - 1198 yda, 6 TD for Bengals

2013 - 778 yds, 7 TD for Bengals

Bengals cut 23-year-old TE Orson Charles, who broke the TE record for bench press reps of 225 pounds with a sick 35 reps at the Combine.

He was a 4th R pick out of Georgia, were he was decorated all 3 years:

>freshman season - First Team Freshman All-American, All-SEC Freshman Team

>sophomore season - 2nd Team All-SEC

>junior season - First Team All-American, First Team All-SEC

>senior - left early to go pro

Bengals keep 6 WRs and 3 TEs:

-TE Jermaine Gresham, 1st R pick

-TE Tyler Eifert, 1st R pick

-TE Alex Smith, 3rd R pick

charles130120_645.jpg

I want Derek Cox!

he was born and raised in North Carolina and went to college at William & Mary (2nd oldest college in country, Thomas Jefferson graduated there in 1762)

He's 27 and you can get him for the vet minimum or close to it. He was good with the Jags which is why the Chargers signed him to a 4 yr $20M deal with $10M guaranteed.

For example, after 2011, PFF named him one of their "Secret Superstars" and compared his 2011 season to CBs like Sherman and Revis:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/31/secret-superstar-derek-cox-cb-jacksonville-jaguars/

Derek Cox: 59 targets, 23 catches (39.0% catch rate), 1 TD, 2 INT

Darrelle Revis: 74 targets, 32 catches (43.2% catch rate), 1 TD, 3 INT

Richard Sherman: 84 targets, 39 catches (46.4% catch rate), 3 TD, 4 INT

he was in the same division as Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson, and in 2012, "Cox held Wayne to just 42 yards in two games (21 per game), and against the Bengals he held A.J. Green to only one catch for eight yards."

He was horrible with the Chargers last year (rated the 106th-rated corner by Pro Football Focus) but was significantly improved with the Vikings this preseason (Pro Football Focus had him rated as the 32nd-best corner in the preseason)

display_image.jpg?x=582492

Saints cut WR Robert Meachem

Good.

Am I trippin that it seems like Meachem always has success against us and no one else?

Bucs blog:

"(Bucs should sign) veteran wideout Robert Meachem, who has game-breaking speed. The Buccaneers have been on the wrong end of that speed on multiple occasions. But what if the Bucs were on the right end of a Meachem touchdown for once? I believe it would be wise to bring Robert Meachem to Tampa...I’m not sure exactly why the Saints decided to dump the former Tennessee Volunteer, but if I’m the Buccaneers, I’m using that to my advantage...I would love nothing more than for the Bucs to get this veteran player at a low cost, and stick it to New Orleans."

Rotoworld:

"a situational deep threat, Meachem, should latch on elsewhere after reviving his career in New Orleans last season."

funfact: Meachem's initials are R.E.M.

Meachem was graded impressively by PFF for 2013: +5.6 grade on 401 snaps (regular season only I assume). Compare to Lance Moore who is two years older than Meachem and was signed by the Steelers: +3.4 grade on 452 snaps

"No Saints wideout run-blocked more in 2013 than Meachem, who did so on 249 occasions, including the postseason, according to the website Pro Football Focus. Conversely, he ran only 202 passing routes, fourth behind teammates Marques Colston, Kenny Stills and Lance Moore (who’s gone to Pittsburgh)."

during the 4 year span of 2008-2011, Meachem caught

69.5 percent of the passes thrown in his direction

robert-meachem.jpg

Saints Nation Blog @SaintsNationBlg

Champ Bailey and Robert Meachem cut. WOW. That is very surprising. Nick Toon and Patrick Robinson better own it.

SaintsReport.Com @ SaintsReportCom

Shocking Saints cuts: Champ Bailey, Robert Meachem

Saints fans react to cutting Meachem:

I don't get cutting Meach.

Okay so I totally disagree with the Saints releasing Champ Bailey and Robert Meachem

No Meachum????!!!!

I've seen a ton of threads from people that are upset that Meach got cut and...

I think Meachem will be back before the week is up.

They will bring back Meach

Damn. Cut Robert Meachem

Meachem also cut. Wow.

What the

Schefter reporting Meach was cut. What the heck??

Wow now Meachem.

etc

Idk if you guys have mentioned it yet but it just came out TJ Graham is expected to be cut

We could use him.

he was one of the three speedsters Ken Whisenhunt and the Titans claimed off waivers:

age 25 WR T.J. Graham from Buffalo (3rd R) - Over the last two seasons for Bills he had 17 starts, 54 receptions for 683 yards - 4.34 forty at Combine

age 26 WR Kris Durham (4th R) - last yr for Lions had 38 catches for 490 yds - 4.46 forty at his pro day

age 24 CB Brandon Harris (2nd R from the U of Miami) - 4.46 forty at Combine

To make room for them they cut:

age 25 WR Michael Preston (UDFA) - 4.60 forty

age 24 CB Khalid Wooten (6th R)

age 30 C Steve Vallos (7th R)

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

Let's sign all these fast guys with shitty hands to pair well with our QB who throws lasers that aren't always really accurate.

That's way better than giving him sure-handed possession guys. Do it Gettleman.

25 year old WR Vincent Brown is still available. he has big 10 1/4" hands and last season he had the 4th-best hands in the NFL:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/03/24/sig-stats-drop-rate-wrs/

6854710.jpg

5829498.jpg

Eric Winston

Eben Britton

We better get something!

no to Winston but I hope we take a look at age 26 OG/OT Britton (2nd R). He was the “sixth man” on the Bears offensive line last season and recorded an impressive +4.1 grade by PFF. He was replaced by Bears 7th R pick OT/OG Charles Leno (Boise State, age 22) who was the third-highest-rated offensive tackle in the preseason by PFF

DaBearsBlog @ dabearsblog

Bit of a surprise seeing Eben Britton let go but Bears have depth along OL

img_1907.jpg?w=300&h=200&crop=1

Archived