• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL cuts of interest....

Jeremy Igo

Yeah, we may sign one guy, but I doubt it.

Gettleman's M.O. , or preference at least, seems to be find the guys yourself and develop them, for better or for worse.

more like long term gratification than immediate.

if we had 60 million in cap space like the Raiders did i SERIOUSLY doubt DG would be sitting on his hands

I was going to say that, but it's like Godfrey has put some roots on the FO.  I would hope they'd do it, but I just don't think it's in the cards.

All I have to say about Godfrey is to not give up on him yet. If the FO has this much trust in him I can believe in them to get it right. Remember Ron talking with TD and giving him the chance and now look at him. I know Godfrey was never as good as TD before his injury, but he certainly could return to form and even improve. I trust the FO.

Yeah, we may sign one guy, but I doubt it.

Gettleman's M.O. , or preference at least, seems to be find the guys yourself and develop them, for better or for worse.

It's kinda hard to do anything else since Hurney put us in cap hell with ridiculous contracts. I think next year we should have some spending money for FA so we won't have to go dumpster diving.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Gettleman has signed plenty of free agents during his time here, they just tend to be not a week before the season starts, that's why I'm not expecting anything. At most some back-up I've never heard of, but you can't expect Dwan Edwards every year.

I'm going through the list of cuts since I just got home. I don't see Roos on the list.

I see a bunch of former 2nd and 3rd round DTs, Devon Still, Worthy and Fua, also Vickerson got cut as well. I thought worthy and Still would end up being a good DT but so far a disappointment. The funny thing I read in the list that they were surprised they cut Fua wtf talk about a good laugh. Maybe I need to become a Nfl analyst.

We are good at DT though so they are irrelevant to us.

2014 pick Bennett Jackson, cornerback from Notre Dame was cut.

I saw Vincent Brown from the Chargers got cut. He was expected to have a good season before injuries set him back. Don't know how bad his injuries are but maybe we should check him out?

I thought Max Bullough was a top 5 lb going into the draft but he was cut.

I saw some names that look familiar on the offensive line. Guy Whimper and Will Svitek, Eric Olsen was the only decent linemen cut by the titans, he played in 17 games and started 4.

Kelcy Quarless was cut as well. People had him as high as a 3rd round draft pick( maybe 2nd) and he went undrafted and now he can't make a team. I guess he was only good in college because he had Clowney beside him.

If we Gano ends up having a bad year we could pick up Alex Henery or Ryan Succop who was cut today.

Two running backs coming off injury, Ryan Williams and Mike Leshoure were cut. Leshoure was a 2nd round pick in 2011, if he can stay healthy I think he can be a good Rb.

lions also cut big WR Kris Durham. Wasn't he there # 2 last year? He would go great with KB beside him.

saints cut Bailey which we will have a bunch of people say we need to get because they know his name. Also they cut Meachem and the big WR Brandon Coleman. With the depth at WR no surprise they got cut. I know people will be posting about getting him as well.

The 49ers, a deep team cut Adam Snyder, and special teams ace Kasim Osgood. The 6'4 L'Damian Washington was cut as well, a teammate of Marcus Lucas and Kony Ealy.

Cardinals cut OL Anthony Steen, a name I have see people discuss a few times on this board.

Everette Brown was cut. So was Thomas Kieser.

And last but not least Britton was cut by da bears. The bears was a team I though we should check out because of the depth they have at offensive line. I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign someone cut from the Bears, Titans, 49ers, patriots or packers.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived