• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

District Nine

nolatiger

Is it ok for mature 16 year old who's parents are slightly on the overprotective side when it comes to the movies he is allowed to see?

Lots of pretty gory violence. Probably ok for a 16 year old, I would not let a 13 year old see it though.

Lead character was fine, didn't care for the cliche'd evil corporate boss and bald tough guy head soldier, or the helpless hapless wife.

See I liked the way the wife was done, as it puts doubt in your mind as to her intentions, whether shes doing something against her will...it's not hard to accept that this schlub guy is nuts about this pretty hot wife without a lot of exposition. It's also easy to see how the dad wouldn't like him...

Meh was nothing special IMO

The basic plot was simple and a litttle unoriginal, Aliens from space are used as a substitute for any ethnic minority.

I think it could of been alot better IMO, but it laid a good foundation as a prelude to a sequel were you can possibly go further into detail with the prawns & there origins and possibly more action sequences.

Archived