• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Cuts 8-26

Jeremy Igo

You might want to reevaluate what a "pro style" offense is, and however you view what that is. Bobo has turned that offense into a high-tempo, spread offense (spread doesn't just mean lots of WRs on the field, it means wide lineman spacing, RB spacing, etc).

So yes, they've moved to an almost exclusive spread offense.

I watch Georgia football probably as much as anyone here, and I agree that they have some spread-style elements, but pro-style is the bread and butter of Georgia's offense, and has been for years.

http://ugamaddawg.com/ugadawgs/georgia-bulldog-football-pro-style-offense-a-recruiting-asset/

Ultimately Georgia runs a pro style offense because it is what gives them the best chance to win. The Bulldogs are looking to get to the top of the Southeastern Conference, and the obvious way to do that is to be better than the competition. The pro style offense helps entice high profile recruits to enroll at UGA because they know that being successful in Athens will likely translate to a successful football career long after their Dawg days are over.

I am not really going to argue the point, but every Georgia fan knows what Bobo runs.

I watch Georgia football probably as much as anyone here, and I agree that they have some spread-style elements, but pro-style is the bread and butter of Georgia's offense, and has been for years.

http://ugamaddawg.com/ugadawgs/georgia-bulldog-football-pro-style-offense-a-recruiting-asset/

I am not really going to argue the point, but every Georgia fan knows what Bobo runs.

Exactly what I said.... Their main thing is their run game. Gurley is a beast!

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

"Ouch!  My finger!" :blink:

Surprise injuries happen a lot this time of year.

Like Ruff said, IR stash.  There was a decent sized crowd at tight end this preseason.

I think there are sometimes gentleman's agreements with the agents. If your guy doesn't make the team we will IR him so he gets paid. Then we can try again next year.

Blanchard, Mathews, and Jefferson still may not stick to IR. It is possible they get an injury settlement and retain their playing status. I just don't understand the logic of paying Blanchard even rookie minimum to ride IR. There is no future for him in the NFL. It's 300k in cap space wasted. Mathews and Jefferson are guy you stash maybe.

Presley will be available for like Week 7. Not sure we activate him. There would need to be injuries.

Blanchard, Mathews, and Jefferson still may not stick to IR. It is possible they get an injury settlement and retain their playing status. I just don't understand the logic of paying Blanchard even rookie minimum to ride IR. There is no future for him in the NFL. It's 300k in cap space wasted. Mathews and Jefferson are guy you stash maybe.

Presley will be available for like Week 7. Not sure we activate him. There would need to be injuries.

They can't cut him while he's injured. IR and then injury settlement solves that dilemma.

Only the 53 highest contracts counts against the cap. So no, nothing is wasted.

Archived