• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official "Whats the main problem with the passing game" poll

Jeremy Igo

Whats the main problem with the passing game  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the main problem with the passing game

• Offensive Line not protecting adequately
    • Plays take too long to develop
    • Cam is not getting rid of the ball fast enough
    • Recievers not getting open
    • Overall lack of chemistry between Cam and his new recievers

II think we are practicing passing.....not running our offense.

This thought has crossed my mind too. It was unusual to see all the passing the first couple of drives Friday night.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Cam's mechanics and consistency. ... he's not making bad decisions in fact he's making good ones but poor mechanics are keeping big plays from happening on a consistent basis.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Cam Newton is the QB. If there's a problem with the passing game, I think you have to begin the discussion with the QB. Of course, every item on the list is relevant. But in my opinion, Cam is the biggest factor. 

Though I caveat that with Shula/Rivera not using him properly. Cam is not a true pocket passer - yet. They are literally forcing him to be one and it's gonna take time, and the team will take its lumps in the process in the win/loss column. But it will take that dynamic to win the ultimate prize - Rivera knows that. Cam could win 10+ games this season running as soon as he sees an opening, but good defenses will stop him in the playoffs. 

It's just the next step in Cam's progression as a complete QB. Accurately reading defenses pre-snap, and anticipating the throw before WRs are open, particularly in the middle of the field. He's always been confident outside the numbers, which is usually the harder throw, but he hesitates and wants to see a receiver open in the middle of the field before he lets go. 

And he has to start completing those deep balls. Not sure what happened, but that was his bread and butter as a rookie. That and the deep outs to #89. 

It's a combination of things really. Cam hasn't had the time to develop chemistry with the new receivers and the playcalling isn't up to par either. The O-Line has actually been playing pretty stout for the most part but the depth has been terrible. As the season progresses you won't have to worry about timing with the receivers, Cam will square that away. The constant and remaining issue is Shula, he's just not a quality OC and as long as he is OC the offense will continue to play sporadically.

Hard to say, but the line is a little better than expected, Cam is a little rustier than expected.  KB looks really good, but you can tell that Cam is waiting to see Avant and Cotch open before pulling the trigger, and that isn't their strength.

Cam, Cutler, and Stafford like throwing to open guys, not spots.  Lot's of big armed QB's are like that.

Archived