• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time for Cam to learn to slide.

Jeremy Igo

While I concur that Cam needs to protect himself more I truly believe sliding feet first is not the answer. Cams ankles have bothered him since college and I think he doesn't trust a baseball slide in football cleats. He's worried it will roll under him or something. Maybe catch on the turf and blow out his knee. He does it his way and I'm cool with it. Nothing or no one can make him do it differently.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

While I concur that Cam needs to protect himself more I truly believe sliding feet first is not the answer. Cams ankles have bothered him since college and I think he doesn't trust a baseball slide in football cleats. He's worried it will roll under him or something. Maybe catch on the turf and blow out his knee. He does it his way and I'm cool with it. Nothing or no one can make him do it differently.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Except you don't slide on your feet, it's hip, butt, leg and knee.

Over simplified. it's not like sliding is a fix-all. people get hurt sliding as well. artificial turf and super soft grass, are real bitches to try and slide on, for many reasons. funny how a defender can get flagged for falling too hard on a QB, during a sack...yet you can hit one on the ground, when he has obviously given up. should only be allowed to touch them down at that point. Cam is going to play like Cam and i for one, love him for it. No one can predict whats going to happen, at any point. even if one were to do "all of the right things".

Archived