• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time for Cam to learn to slide.

Jeremy Igo

I'd rather Cam learn to throw it away.

Fighting for yards only in a close scoring game that matters, for a first down on third or touchdown.

If he can perfect sliding like Rodgers does, I'd be ok with that but he is bigger and longer, it's best he just throws it away if it's not one of the above situations.

I just worry about ankle and knee injuries with him sliding.  I think the way he goes about it now is ok, and at this point in his career, I think it would be a pretty difficult task for him to learn to slide.  Well, not learn, because I'm pretty sure he knows how to slide. I just think it would be a hard thing mentally. 

He might want to rethink his position on painkillers, though lol.

If Cam keeps going head first into his dives he is going to continue to be an open target for defenders.

The obvious thing that needs to happen right now, and by right now I mean this very moment, is for cam to start sliding feet first and taking away the defenses ability to hit him.

Agree?

Disagree.

Learning to slide feet first (1) for a guy with long legs and (2) who has never done it in his life and (3) on unpredictable turf conditions is the fastest and quickest way to a knee or ankle injury.

So Cam finally got hurt after a run.  It happens.  Doesn't mean that the way he's been going down and protecting himself all along is wrong.  Just means the odds finally caught up to him.

Much more comfortable with cam doing it the way he has been his entire career. He's been as durable as they come and is really adept at avoiding big hits doing it his way. If he's not comfortable sliding, that's fine. It was just a freak play, and freak plays happens if you slide, or tuck and roll. Let cam just be cam. It's worked pretty well so far.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Rivera on Cam learning to slide at some point: "It most certainly is something he’s got to learn for obvious reasons."

Sent from Carolina Huddle App for Android.

Ron Rivera is probably the worse person to quote, his comments are always all over the place. Not even sure if he has a brain of his own or he just says poo.

going to the ground in any way other than sliding leaves him fair game for a defensive player. That equals not protecting himself. There is no other way of looking at it. Rules are rules.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

If a QB "surrenders" in any form (be it sliding or collapsing in a ball) he is protected.  He just needs to make a wiser decision on getting down sooner that he DIDN'T do last night.

For three season, all I have been reading from thread after thread, is WHAT CAM NEEDS TO DO. When is it going to be what the team needs to do to protect Cam.

Funny thing is, just watched the 49ers game and the announcers were saying that Colon hasn't quite jelled with his team, in other words, he's been playing bad this preseason. But at the end of the game, Erin asked him what the team needs to do, not so much what he needed to do, to be ready for the season. Something tells me after the Pats game Cam was the main topic of conversation and it wasn't what the team needs to do to build around him.  

I am seriously beginning to believe that this organization really don't know what to do with talented players. They don't know how to nurture them and mold their natural gifts and talents where they can be properly utilized. I said it before and i will say it again, this team is going to destroy Cam before they fix what is really wrong with it. Then u fans will either treat him like u did Carson, or tear him down so badly that he won't be any good for any other team and forced into early retirement. I am sure those in the media will be more than happy to help u.

I pray that don't happen but....

Archived