• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Cuts 8-24

Jeremy Igo

I honestly rather have Bersin start at this point. Bersin has been praised for his route running and hands. That's kind of why they brought in the vets. I like Bersin's size and he's made some nice catches this preseason. I really wish they'd give him a shot to start.

Not a Bersin fan or just want some experience on the field?

It's the experience more than anything. Cotchery has been doing this for a long time, he can go to Kelvin between plays (a ~20 second window) and quickly communicate advice/adjustments. Physically I see Bersin, Avant, and Cotchery as similar players. The good route running and hands is similar as well. But when the lights come on, Cotchery and Avant will be prepared for the speed and physicality.

A bunch of guys are looking at Bersins production, just keep in mind when DA throws to him, he's the best option. Cam would not target him as often.

Edit: I also want to add veterans are better at selling calls and getting respect from officials. Tony Gonzalez sustained his career with vet push offs and PIs. In this current inclination of the NFL, that matters. Jason Avant drew a big PI in the Red Zone last Sunday. Steve Smith should have been credited with 200 yards for all the penalties he drew on defenders last year. He helped get Chris Long tossed too.

Every member of the media knew mcnutt was a goner within a few days at camp.

Sent from Carolina Huddle App for Android.

Yep.

I really thought he had some potential based on his play at Iowa. But, he was flat outplayed by King, Bersin, and even Lucas.

Underwood must be truly, truly awful if he can't make this WR corps. Panthers are going to struggle to score 20 points a game. 

as someone in another thread said, the fact that underwood was cut tells me this corps is better than last year's i think you are looking at it from the wrong direction there 4corners

catch the ball to only be immediately tackled, fall down, or run out of bounds? 

this is not really what ive been seeing from the guys in question

Archived